• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
No hotels so a 500 mile round trip over 24 hours with 9 hours driving time. Anticipated arrival back in Exeter at 4.00 am. Second leg the following Monday so not an ideal set of circumstances by any means.

In comparison Northampton easy trip to Cheltenham round trip 160 miles and just over 4 hours driving time. To say the fates are conspiring against us would be putting it mildly. UTC.
Probably won’t be too bad on the coach there should be a lot more leg room than normal.

REDMIKE

Probably won’t be too bad on the coach there should be a lot more leg room than normal.
Sexton they will be home around midnight as it is 5.15 pm start.

MerleyRed

Its not clear what they are doing yet. From what I can gather Sky are broadcasting some but not all games on free to air. If you have a smart tv you can buy a now tv pass which gives you all 10 sky sports channels for about 10 pound which lasts a week I think. This is what I'll probably do to be able to watch both games.
Is a smart tv sufficient, or do you also need a separate streaming device ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
As I understand it you need to either have sky or pay for a sky sports pass through now tv. You can pay for either a day,week or a month. If you have a smart tv you should be able to download the now tv app to watch it, or you can buy a now tv stick or box to connect into a normal tv if it has a hdmi input. You can also watch now tv on a laptop,tablet or mobile phone.

Sky are showing some games also on pick as a free to air option, but I haven't seen anything yet to say the play offs are being offered free.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
These playoffs are going to be nothing like any of the previous. Previously managers would start with their strongest line up and if successful, in subsequent games unless due to injury, keep the same team.

This time as MT has said because of the lack of match play and a greater risk of injury in order to protect the players he will be unable to keep an unchanged team and will have to use the majority of his first team squad.

How teams use their substitutes will also be very interesting particularly if when close to the end of a second leg game or even in the Final, the aggregate or if the Final, score is level and there is the likelihood of a penalty shootout.
The team with the best squad will win.I think the experience our youngsters had in the now possibly useful Tinpot Cup and the Premier League Cup could be significant.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smart tv sufficient but you'll need the Nowtv App. It may already be on there, if not you'll need to add it.

IndoMike

So according to the Big Bank Podcast lads
Taggy says we're going to lose 150k playing the playoff matches. Not sure how that works out but it's quite a hit. Life isn't fair

denzel

MT on friendlies: "Only Cardiff and Bristol City would have been options and the earliest we could’ve got a game is this Saturday, which was too close to the play-off"

Cardiff have just played two friendlies against Swansea.
What was wrong with Bournemouth, even if under 23s?

GJW

Not sure of the accuracy of this but read that Colchester played Millwall in a friendly yesterday and Millwall won 4-0.

Last edited:

denzel

Not sure of the accuracy of this but read that Colchester played Millwall in a friendly yesterday and Millwall won 4-0.
So Saturday wasnt too close to Thursday for Colchester then? Hope we wont be undercooked