• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wrong thread..

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still an assistant coach at AS Monaco I believe.
He has now followed Thierry Henry to Canada and is assistant coach at Montreal Impact.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Injured I believe. I think he has ongoing problems with his back.

GJW

Back in training today

I see that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig , I wonder if Ethan put in a good word about the club to his teammate ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig , I wonder if Ethan put in a good word about the club to his teammate ?
Maybe, but I suspect the pay rise Chelsea will have offered might be a factor. ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone any news on whether he is still in Germany or now back at Chelsea. Would seem odds on he will be loaned out again once football restarts properly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
His loan at RB Leipzig has ended meaning he'll not be part of the Champions League squad.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone any news on whether he is still in Germany or now back at Chelsea. Would seem odds on he will be loaned out again once football restarts properly.
I'd like to think Lampard will have him in and around the first-team squad. Would perfectly suit a ball-playing role in a back three, like Chelsea deployed against Man Utd.

He's also probably equally as good or a bit better at defensive midfield than Billy Gilmour, who had that excellent breakthrough game but was really poor after the restart before getting injured.

That said, a bottom half Premier League club on loan might suit Ethan better next season. Someone like Brighton, Leeds or Southampton perhaps.

StudentGrecian

That said, a bottom half Premier League club on loan might suit Ethan better next season. Someone like Brighton, Leeds or Southampton perhaps.
You don’t see Chelsea loan out many of their youngsters to fellow Premier League clubs. Strange considering it’s the league they will eventually be trying to compete in.
Fingers crossed he gets a chance to shine wherever that is, hopefully in the EPL as you say!