• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

L2 Retained Lists

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
many lower league and Scottish clubs will end up simply releasing every player out of contract if it looks as if there will be no games until say October. And just keeping the handful of pros already contracted for 2020-21.
Again shows the comparative disadvantage we may be under by having (sensibly and prudently) got most of the squad contracted for next season.
I very much doubt we’ll be the only club with players already contracted for next season...anyway they’re the ones we most want to keep!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've not read the article, but were't Northampton Council recently declared bankrupt themselves?
No - it was the Northamptonshire county council - they haven’t gone bankrupt thanks to some government allowed asset sales which would not normally be allowed.

The county is running empty and should’ve been closed this year but may well be closed next year

Red Devon

No - it was the Northamptonshire county council - they haven’t gone bankrupt thanks to some government allowed asset sales which would not normally be allowed.

The county is running empty and should’ve been closed this year but may well be closed next year
Cobblers hopeful of keeping their loan players for the playoffs according to the Northampton Chronicle.

benjisheps

Bradford released 10 players today https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/ten-bantams-to-depart/

Shay McCarten is a good player and did really well on loan at Lincoln last season, although I don't think we are in need of this type of player.

ryancooper327

Bradford released 10 players today https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/ten-bantams-to-depart/

Shay McCarten is a good player and did really well on loan at Lincoln last season, although I don't think we are in need of this type of player.
To be fair, I’ll take any of them but they’ll all be £££. I imagine players will need to take massive cuts. I’d like either of their released RBs though Riley always seems injured.

ryancooper327

BRADFORD

Kelvin Mellor
Jake Reeves
Shay McCartan
Jordan Gibson
Jermaine Anderson
Hope Akpan
Adam Henley
Daniel Devine
Joe Riley
George Sykes-Kenworthy

ryancooper327

Update:

PosTeamList announcedDateNo of Players
6ColchesterY27/04/202016
8Port ValeY18/05/20206
9BradfordY26/05/202010
10Salford CityY16/05/202011
13GrimsbyY21/05/20209
16Cambridge UtdY28/04/20209
18Carlisle UtdY15/05/202010
20ScunthorpeY05/05/202015
21MansfieldY18/05/202011

An average of just under 11 players per club so far. Interesting that higher and lower placed clubs are releasing more than the middle placed teams.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
BRADFORD

Kelvin Mellor
Jake Reeves
Shay McCartan
Jordan Gibson
Jermaine Anderson
Hope Akpan
Adam Henley
Daniel Devine
Joe Riley
George Sykes-Kenworthy
Would’ve been nice to have been told personally that I’ve been released 😳

iscalad

Would’ve been nice to have been told personally that I’ve been released 😳
You can always ask Matt for a trial. Need decent fullbacks.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can always ask Matt for a trial. Need decent fullbacks.
Sadly am more Matt Redmile (I wish) 😳