• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why is the Supporters Trust Silent?

ex_user1234

Resigned
The Trust is the majority shareholder. Why shouldn't it be 'in charge'?
For the simple reason that they do not have the skillset to run a football club.

It also doesn't help that the Trust board has an almost Marxist view of the world.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is all fine apart from the fact that the Trust run Exeter City Football Club these days, not just the Supporters Trust. There was supposed to be a separation of powers between the Trust and the Club, but that has long since disappeared. Hence Animal Farm.
Do get your facts straight. The animal farm bit was when the Club Board (put in place by the Trust to run the Club on it's behalf) decided that they were the owners and could do no wrong. They put the Club back to the verge of bankruptcy by recklessly attempting to push for the Championship without the necessary funding in place. At that point the Trust had to step back in to protect not only their members interests but also those of all those 15-23k City fans you quote. The Trust is a single entity despite your puerile attempts to say different !

ex_user1234

Resigned
Do get your facts straight. The animal farm bit was when the Club Board (put in place by the Trust to run the Club on it's behalf) decided that they were the owners and could do no wrong. They put the Club back to the verge of bankruptcy by recklessly attempting to push for the Championship without the necessary funding in place. At that point the Trust had to step back in to protect not only their members interests but also those of all those 15-23k City fans you quote. The Trust is a single entity despite your puerile attempts to say different !
I think you need to read Animal Farm again.

geoffwp

For the simple reason that they do not have the skillset to run a football club.

It also doesn't help that the Trust board has an almost Marxist view of the world.
Chap, you're begining to sound like a scratchy old stuck record, going on and on and on and on and on.......
Someone out there please give the record player a good kick.

fred binneys head

Person with big ideas not being listened to goes online to personally criticise those that don’t like his ideas.

Seen it before.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fascinating insight - nick hawker as snowball from Animal Farm.

The trust have just sent out a new newsletter - apparently only 5% of exeter fan base will receive it 🤔

iscalad

Fascinating insight - nick hawker as snowball from Animal Farm.

The trust have just sent out a new newsletter - apparently only 5% of exeter fan base will receive it 🤔
And a very good read it is.

Oldsmobile-88

And a very good read it is.
What Isca..Animal Farm or the Newsletter ? 😁

“All are equal,but some are more equal than other”😎

It’s been about 44 years since i read Animal Farm for my ‘O’ level English..I think that is one quote 🤓

lamrobhero

Yes The Electorate can't be trusted.
Supporters of the world unite you have nothing to lose but your chains.

iscalad

What Isca..Animal Farm or the Newsletter ? 😁

“All are equal,but some are more equal than other”😎

It’s been about 44 years since i read Animal Farm for my ‘O’ level English..I think that is one quote 🤓
Both, although as you say I read Animal farm many moons ago and the Trust newsletter an hour ago. Both very good reads.