• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not really. You have one of the guys of the top advising the whole country to do one thing when he goes and does the other. It matters little on which days it happened or who reported it.
It absolutely does matter when they are manipulating the news for the benefit of the government.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Professor Ferguson didn't 'advise the whole country' he advised the government, which advises the whole country. There are many advisers to government.

This 'Professor Lockdown' distraction stuff is not fooling anyone, least of all yourself. The day of reckoning is nigh.
I did say he was "one of", so I'm not really fooling myself (nor anyone else I hope).

Mr Jinx

It absolutely does matter when they are manipulating the news for the benefit of the government.
Tell me of a newspaper or other media outlet that never has an angle? I'm intrigued.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tell me of a newspaper or other media outlet that never has an angle? I'm intrigued.
There isn't, but therein lies the problem. I would have hoped that when it comes to reporting the death toll during the worst health crisis for however long, they could show a modicum of balance.

Legohead

Banned
All news outlets are pretty much full of sh*t, speculation and sensationalist BS. Which is why I don't buy papers, don't read the news and barely watch it on tv.

Legohead

Banned
As I said about 6 weeks into this. People are still dying, we are still stuck in our homes. So until that changes then what is the point in news? Nothing has changed in 6 weeks and so I haven't missed anything by not watching the news or reading it.

Mr Jinx

There isn't, but therein lies the problem. I would have hoped that when it comes to reporting the death toll during the worst health crisis for however long, they could show a modicum of balance.
What makes me laugh are rags like the Guardian who, back during the last big crisis of 2008, declared it simply as a global problem started in America where Gordon Brown and Labour saved the UK with its actions. Compare that to today where, according to them, everything is all the fücking Tories fault.

Ashford Grecian

As I said about 6 weeks into this. People are still dying, we are still stuck in our homes. So until that changes then what is the point in news? Nothing has changed in 6 weeks and so I haven't missed anything by not watching the news or reading it.
In fact the news has never been so boring - don't think I spend more than 2 mins watching the headlines once a day if that

IndoMike

Lovely case study in how the press manipulates the truth here. The visits were apparently on 30th March and 8th April, yet the Telegraph chooses the day our death toll hits the highest in Europe to break the story. How convenient that the right-wing press now have an expert (bonus points that his lover is vaguely linked to George Soros) to lynch on their front page, relegating the much more important story of our death toll to a teeny tiny box, or off the front page completely in some cases.
Ferguson was irresponsible to do what he did. But we knew all along that the Govt has been passing on accountability to "the scientists". They are clearly deflecting and making Ferguson some kind of scapegoat.
Wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson upset Cummings re the SAGE committee, judging from Hancock's comments today that he would support the police to investigate
Ferguson. He didn't suggest that when various other MPs ,including Tories, broke the Lockdown rules.

IndoMike

Has anyone had their good ladies deciding during this lockdown to "Clear things out of cupboards etc"? Mine has gone mental with it, Under the stairs, Old clothes, Garden stuff, All over the dam house. When i tried to ask her where all this stuff is going she doesn't want now, She said the tip, Told her they are closed atm, Now we have one room full of stuff she doesn't want anymore not going anywhere!!! :mad:
If my missus wants to "tidy up" I hit the "get outta here" button. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff she can store away in cupboards and anywhere else available. I'm a minimalist and she's a horder.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9