• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exclusive interview with Paul Tisdale

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This used to be his 'go to guy'...Bet the arse is falling out of his wardrobe now. :)View attachment 2215
Ray Winstone after a bender

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
This used to be his 'go to guy'...Bet the arse is falling out of his wardrobe now. :)View attachment 2215
He is Sturtz and I claim my £5 !

David Treharne

I realise this is a journalist's selection from a longer talk but it comes across as almost Trumpian in its self-agrandisement. You'd think Taggy, Perryman, the two Boards and everyone else who contributed were just minions.=
You get the answers to the questions you ask. It would seem to be the reflections of someone who has far too much time on their hands, a feeble grasp of their own real value and an inflated view of their own ability. He was for several seasons an excellent Manager at Exeter City, and provided the stability that the Club needed. However, as others have posted, he started to believe in his own invincibility and ability to spot and manage talent. We also suffered some pretty dire football towards the end of his tenure and an increasing set of post match comments that had little relationship to what had actually happened on the pitch. I'm sorry that it's come to this sort of posturing and touting of his own abilities.

dommers

Oh dear! Some people are struggling to move on!

tonykellowfan

Tisdale was very much like Tony Blair, good at the start and terrible at the end.

He alienated people with a number of strange decisions on and off the pitch towards the end and certainly lost my vote. I was glad to see him go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another interview with Tisdale, here he discusses recruitment

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another interview with Tisdale, here he discusses recruitment

Very interesting 👌

ryancooper327

They’re almost as frequent as the government briefings at the moment!

speedyflo

A better interview, worth a read

tonykellowfan

That is a great read and is really the early Tisdale that did so well for us lets be honest he is pretty much the most successful manager we have ever had. Its such a headscratcher that it went wrong for Tis.