• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

i8cornwall

Is it time to ditch being satisfied with mediocrity?

- Erm... Sure, OK.

Are you fed up with being told we can only be a league 2 also ran?

- Yeah.

Is it time for a change?

- Yeahhh!! Hell yeaghh!!!

So let's do a big change??!!

- Definitely!!! So, umm... Whats the plan? What's the new idea?

Sorry, I'm a bit pushed for time and anyway, I never said I was an expert and... Whats your big idea, if you've got one, smartypants?! No thought not. You're just shutting down debate. Cynical, wolf pack with all the others.
Would you like some attention?

is that what that post was all about?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would you like some attention?

is that what that post was all about?
Think I'm done with Exeweb. I find it difficult to repress the urge to have the last word, but ultimately, this stuff is just depressing, distracting and an irritant. Enjoy yourselves.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think I'm done with Exeweb. I find it difficult to repress the urge to have the last word, but ultimately, this stuff is just depressing, distracting and an irritant. Enjoy yourselves.
Is that flouncing thread still open? :D

i8cornwall

I see.... I’ve had the last word now.

Legohead

Banned

Yeah. I'm a regular in there. :D

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Dannyred

I don't know. I remember there being a big hoo-ha and some metaphorical blood on the carpet. From memory there was an issue about whether he had lied / misrepresented a situation, perhaps to do with finance and whether he personally benefited. There was then a lot of finger pointing and he went, angrily and feeling that all his work was unappreciated.

However my memory, as the Oxford game thread shows, isn't all that though so I may be way off-beam!

Those with much better knowledge of the internal politics of the club and Trust, and better memories will I'm sure be able to answer more fully.
Yes also Henderson seemed to slide out quietly unlike the noise made when Conway left but couldn’t remember why either departed now.

LOG

Yes also Henderson seemed to slide out quietly unlike the noise made when Conway left but couldn’t remember why either departed now.
Do you mean Ed Chorlton or Guy Wolfenden rather than Bruce Henderson?

Dannyred

Do you mean Ed Chorlton or Guy Wolfenden rather than Bruce Henderson?
No I mean Henderson, he just disappeared quietly and Didn’t see anything about his departure.

LOG

No I mean Henderson, he just disappeared quietly and Didn’t see anything about his departure.
Do you expect a big announcement every time someone leaves?

According to his Linkedin profile he left in May 2016. His departure had nothing to do with the Roger Conway episode but did, i believe, have more to do with a change of priorities after this.

You can look some of this stuff up yourself, you know?

Alistair20000

Yes.

Lionel makes the rulings.

I serve the coffee and biscuits.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9