• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

ex_user1234

Resigned
Right, but the trust oversaw all that, didn't they. You can't unbake a cake. There's no alternative reality to compare it to.
And if City go bust later this year or next, I presume you will be blaming the Trust then?

Matt Russell

I take both points, and your admonishment also!

ex_user1234

Resigned
OK, sounds like a sound conclusion... Go with that.
Which is your intention. To shut people up. On an open Exeter City forum.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
And if City go bust later this year or next, I presume you will be blaming the Trust then?
I expect I'll be drinking the flavor ade with the rest of the cult as part of a ritual group hari kari, Ed, yes. Hopefully you'll arrive with your plan before then though.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is your intention. To shut people up. On an open Exeter City forum.
You overestimate my powers of cercion, Ed. Only a Galloisian schedule could come between the people and the ideas of the revolution.

ex_user1234

Resigned
I expect I'll be drinking the flavor ade with the rest of the cult as part of a ritual group hari kari, Ed, yes. Hopefully you'll arrive with your plan before then though.
It's a serious question. You attribute the success of the Academy to the Trust, so surely you will attribute failure to the Trust if we go bust?

ex_user1234

Resigned
And when we ran out of money and the PFA had to step in, I presume that was a failure of the Trust. As you said, they are the ones calling the shots. You can't cherry pick the successes and ignore the failures.

ex_user1234

Resigned
I suspect you'll see my blueprint before Matt answers my question.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
MISCELLANEOUS

1.The mere existence of a Trust is a positive, since theoretically it acts as scrutiniser of the club's financial dealings and controller of any excesses
2. The Trust is also a catalyst for community work
3. But the Trust puts relatively little into
the club financially and has not been able to persuade more people to join (including me, for reasons I have explained previously on many occasions.
4. The idea that buying a season ticket or joining the Trust is done out of altruism is a load of bull. If you claim to be altruistic, put 50 quid a month in, not the price of a packet of fags. Season ticket holders have the money to buy them at a cheaper rate. If you are altruistic, buy the ticket per match and pay more. You don't do that because it is advantageous to you to buy the season ticket. Many cannot afford the season ticket
5. If I go to a cinema every week to watch a film I do not consider myself to be putting money into the cinema : I'm simply paying the fee for my entertainment.
6. It was Tagg, not Tisdale, who is more responsible for the survival and then success of the academy.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
See post 398

I'm in the evolution camp, as if it's any of your concern
Evolution would be great but evolution should have started at year 2 not still waiting for it to happen 20 years down the line. It took a revolution to get The Trust in charge. It looks like it would take another revolution to get it up to speed.