• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Makes me realize how much I hate business and business speak this thread lol. No offence to anyone though. Its a vitally important area.

Good luck with that. I think the aftermath of this crisis with regards to clubs like ours will pretty much render threads like this pointless for the foreseeable. Moving into a new stadium or splashing out significant expenditure on anything in the next X amount of years is not gonna happen anyway now in a million years. What we might have hoped for before the virus in terms of ambition and expenditure is now a distant pipe dream IMO. The club have got it all on just to try and exist in the next few years for sure and anything else isn't important.
Yep, new challenges ahead for all clubs of any size. I never know what it means to be measured by the size of club we are as it is a very subjective term. We are a small club to Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal etc as are Argyle, Millwall, Brentford and countless others and always will be. Argyle (certainly the "fans"), Millwall and Brentford probably think we are a small club come to that. To Tiverton, Dorchester and Taunton we are a big club. Surely being a small club doesn't matter, it is being the best club that we can be...and see where that gets us.

Dannyred

Yep, new challenges ahead for all clubs of any size. I never know what it means to be measured by the size of club we are as it is a very subjective term. We are a small club to Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal etc as are Argyle, Millwall, Brentford and countless others and always will be. Argyle (certainly the "fans"), Millwall and Brentford probably think we are a small club come to that. To Tiverton, Dorchester and Taunton we are a big club. Surely being a small club doesn't matter, it is being the best club that we can be...and see where that gets us.
I would like my club to be the biggest in Devon seeing we are the capital city but we don’t seem to be achieving it why ?

ex_user1234

Resigned
I think you should be renamed Reasoncrantz :giggle:

Rosencrantz

I would like my club to be the biggest in Devon seeing we are the capital city but we don’t seem to be achieving it why ?
The biggest in what way? Attendance? League Position? Ground? Should Exeter pull it's socks up housebuilding and incorporate Broadclyst, Kenton and Crediton into the boundaries to try and beat Plymouth's population? Why measure ourselves against Argyle, they're irrelevant. No club (or business) can truly claim they are maximising their potential.

Why be so precious about a label. It's achievement and sustainability that's the important thing.

I would like City to be whacking Barca in the Champions League but I would more than settle for them getting promoted and established in League One first growing organically and sustainably to do so. From there we can see what the next step could be.

I repeat the main line...I want the club to be the best it can be. Don't you?

ex_user1234

Resigned
The biggest in what way? Attendance? League Position? Ground? Should Exeter pull it's socks up housebuilding and incorporate Broadclyst, Kenton and Crediton into the boundaries to try and beat Plymouth's population? Why measure ourselves against Argyle, they're irrelevant. No club (or business) can truly claim they are maximising their potential.

Why be so precious about a label. It's achievement and sustainability that's the important thing.

I would like City to be whacking Barca in the Champions League but I would more than settle for them getting promoted and established in League One first growing organically and sustainably to do so. From there we can see what the next step could be.

I repeat the main line...I want the club to be the best it can be. Don't you?
I actually think you want the same thing. Wait, isn't that a song...

Last edited:

ex_user1234

Resigned
1. Lack of belief.
2. Lack of ambition.
3. Lack of necessary skills to take next step.

fred binneys head

How do numbers 1 and 2 manifest themselves Ed? What do you actually mean? I’m always intrigued when I hear people say they think the club “lacks ambition”. What do you mean?

Rosencrantz

Someone seems to have a hard job realising it. **Crikey, if we're underachieving what the hell are Argyle doing 😆.

**Not that it matters of course 😉.

fred binneys head

Why limit yourself to Devon? You lack ambition and belief.

Rosencrantz

Heaven is always a place on earth if Belinda is around.