• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
Great idea mike. Give them a decent pay rise too. If delle Alli can earn 100 k a week producing nothing then doctors and nurses etc should be paid a hell of a lot more for the risk and stress they have to put up with.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spot on Legohead!👍

Legohead

Banned
Likewise the police, fire service etc and whilst we are at it. Pay the bloody RNLI. Charities bail this country out of so much sh*t it's untrue. The fact that there are ordinary folk prepared to go out into rough seas WITHOUT PAY to rescue some tosspot grockle who thinks it's fine to take his family out to sea in a rubber dinghy is insane. They should be paid for what they are worth and what they offer.

Mr Jinx

Pay the bloody RNLI. Charities bail this country out of so much sh*t it's untrue. The fact that there are ordinary folk prepared to go out into rough seas WITHOUT PAY to rescue some tosspot grockle who thinks it's fine to take his family out to sea in a rubber dinghy is insane. They should be paid for what they are worth and what they offer.
Why should they when there are people queuing up to do it for free?

Legohead

Banned
Why should they when there are people queuing up to do it for free?
It's a harsh point but a valid one.

Mr Jinx

It's a harsh point but a valid one.
It's the old market forces argument. Been through it countless times on these boards. You know, why bus drivers & financial market traders both earn the levels of pay that they do, etc, etc.

Legohead

Banned
It's the old market forces argument. Been through it countless times on these boards. You know, why bus drivers & financial market traders both earn the levels of pay that they do, etc, etc.
Yeah I guess so. I just think there are a lot of people around the country working as volunteers for a wide variety of organizations and in key roles too which if they suddenly stopped doing so it would cost the Government a hell of a lot of money to address and put right. Plus put lives at risk. These people should be recognised more and not ignored just because they do it for free. Again though, another argument for another day.

IndoMike

Yeah I guess so. I just think there are a lot of people around the country working as volunteers for a wide variety of organizations and in key roles too which if they suddenly stopped doing so it would cost the Government a hell of a lot of money to address and put right. Plus put lives at risk. These people should be recognised more and not ignored just because they do it for free. Again though, another argument for another day.
It wouldn't cost a lot of money 'cos they wouldn't put it right.

IndoMike

Apparently people are having problems with their universal credit applications. It seems that the problem for some
is that after inputting their ID it is rejected and they are advised to return to the DWP page. That recommends you to call in, but I imagine that would be impossible even in normal times.

IndoMike

Yes. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives. The only problem.is that the Govt is not protecting the NHS or saving lives