• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top 10 City strikers of the past decade?

would agree with Devine, Flack, Alexander (was he during the last decade ?) and Mackie.
Think he was with us during 1999-2000, but can't be arsed to check! To be quite honest I'm not convinced by my own list but can't really think of many more strikers who played much during the last 10 years.

Basham definately deserves his place though and G_J's footballing knowledge is obviously severly lacking.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think he was with us during 1999-2000, but can't be arsed to check! To be quite honest I'm not convinced by my own list but can't really think of many more strikers who played much during the last 10 years.

Basham definately deserves his place though and G_J's footballing knowledge is obviously severly lacking.
Haha, coming from the man who selects Fleetwood and Bash. We may have been short on decent strikers but you can do better than that.

angelic upstart

We may have been short on decent strikers but you can do better than that.
You do the 10 best then?

Grecian_Jay

You do the 10 best then?
Your like Exeweb's own Jeremy Paxman!

I will post my top 10 on here shortly. Just for you :p

Haha, coming from the man who selects Fleetwood and Bash. We may have been short on decent strikers but you can do better than that.
Basham has a footballing brain that you could only dream of. As for Fleetwood, I agree he didn't do fantastically well but he has natural ability and i very much doubt we would have got auto promotion from League 2 without him.

I'm awaiting your list.

Grecian_Jay

Basham has a footballing brain that you could only dream of. As for Fleetwood, I agree he didn't do fantastically well but he has natural ability and i very much doubt we would have got auto promotion from League 2 without him.

I'm awaiting your list.
Myth my friend. Footballing brain is a term used for slow old footballers who can't do sod all. But people like to think that as they played at a higher level (usually) then they must contribute in some way.

My list is being done, just can't find the last 2 to fill it. It is coming though.

Myth my friend. Footballing brain is a term used for slow old footballers who can't do sod all. But people like to think that as they played at a higher level (usually) then they must contribute in some way.

My list is being done, just can't find the last 2 to fill it. It is coming though.
Basham and Fleetwood? ;)

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Basham and Fleetwood? ;)
Craig Watkins comes before them.

angelic upstart

I am disappointed no one has Barry Scorr on the list.

Grecian_Jay

It's a tricky one. I am going to be controversial and put Challinor up front as he did play there for a time being and he was abt if a legend.

Alexander
Devine
Roberts
Flack
Stanno
Phillips
Mackie
Logie
Farrell
Challinor

We have been starved haven't we! In 12 months I will include Danny Nardiello.