• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
they are and I hope they struggle with that total d*ckhead of an owner.

They are and he is.

TOP_CITY_FAN

In my opinion the team on the up now gretna has reached the S.P.L is East Fife as they have always been mid-table in scottish div 3 and now they have made a few good signings this year i believe that they will definatley win the league and maybe even go on a memorable cup run.

EAST FIFE FOR PROMOTION!!

Oldsmobile-88

Great to see East Stirling doing so well. They were by far the friendliest ground visted back in 1981, when we went around all the then Scottish League grounds in a week, just to= visit and take photographs. They had even suffered a break in the night before we were there - the theives left the boots and kit! The ground has changed quite a bit since then.
I went to Firs Park a couple of seasons ago_One end has a brick wall,which is the start of The Land of Leather site.
The covered terrace is very ramshackled & behind the other goal is out of bounds due to no barriers or proper terracing.
The grandstand is reasonably new(built in the early 90's i think) & is a exact copy of the one it replaced.
The best thing was the tannoy announcer,very witty & informed everyone the crowd was 190,because he could count them around the ground!..

Oldsmobile-88

At the other end of the Scottish football scale.Both Celtic & Rangers are in the Champions League group stages.I think this may be the first time this has happened.

heathy1

So are East Stirling and Stirling Albion from the same town and rivals or are they different places or no place at all like Raith Rovers???!!

Oldsmobile-88

Its East Stirlingshire,Heathy & they play in Falkirk..It has been known for fans to turn up at Stirling which is about 40 miles away

Stirling Albion play at a newish ground just outside Stirling.

There is talk of East Stirlingshire relocating to Grangemouth which is just outside Falkirk.There is a underused Athletic stadium there(built by a petro-chemical company).

B

Barmy Grecian

I think scotand is the weirdest set of leagues as teams can be very very good then go down like a shot hence partick and others and teams can go from non league to the premier division hence gretna and inverness and others, the gap between non league in scotland and division 3 is nothing at all as you can see by how peterhead are doing and the gap between divison 3 in scotland and the scottish premier league teams except celtic and rangers. I have only ever been to invernesses ground which had one massive stand and small terraces around it, the atmosphere was poor and the football played was poor worse than our football. But there is one big advantage of paying in scotland which is an easy route to the eufa cup because the scottish cup can be won by any team as celtic and rangers dont really try in it.

LammieLammieLammie

I always follow Devonrale, as Steve Dolan plays for them.

Oldsmobile-88

the gap between non league in scotland and division 3 is nothing at all as you can see by how peterhead
Yes a lot of Junior teams(Scots non-league) in the central belt around Glasgow & Edinburgh are probably better than some of the teams in the 3rd Div,but there is no automatic promotion or relegation,only when the SL is expanded,do any of the leading lights get a chance.
There was a lot of resentment at Gretna getting a league spot(after Airdrieonians going bust) because they had played all of their football in English non league(Unibond 1st Division) & played in the English FA cup 1st round(against Rochdale)

Last edited:

brayford grecian

Yes a lot of Junior teams(Scots non-league) in the central belt around Glasgow & Edinburgh are probably better than some of the teams in the 3rd Div,but there is no automatic promotion or relegation,only when the SL is expanded,do any of the leading lights get a chance.
There was a lot of resentment at Gretna getting a league spot(after Airdrieonians going bust) because they had played all of their football in English non league(Unibond 1st Division) & played in the English FA cup 1st round(against Rochdale)
anyone up for relocating exeter up 2 scotland? we would be uefa cup in 2 seasons ;)