• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A quick word of thanks.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember MG, when heathy says "sh*t" he means they weren't wearing Burberry or Aqua whatever it is.

What the hell would a person who watches NON LEAGUE football on a regular basis, know about atmosphere.

Stick to terrifying FGR fans heathy, it's what you good at (or that's what I heard you think you are)
Ive been in a crowd of 67000 watching my team, so I perhaps know a little bit more about atmosphere than you think, as to the terrifying FGR fans im afraid your on your own planet there!

IJN

Old Trafford and atmosphere!!

And the Oxymoron of the week goes to the man with the baseball cap.

heathy1

Having viewed the Man utd v Exeter game and the Plymouth v Watford game, I can safely say Man utd is the atmosphere winner, but having watched your 'green army' on sunday I think you'd probably get done in the atmosphere game by Altrincham.True

IJN

I've been to Old Trafford over a many many times, and apart from the European games, I can honestly say the atmosphere since the 2000's is rubbish.

Saw them play Watford :)-O ) a few weeks ago and I witness Watford's 800 out sing the other 75,200.

Loudest I've ever seen was Celtic v Rangers in the 70's, it made my ears bleed.

Argyle v QPR on April 2004 was something special though.

Y

Yellow

Having viewed the Man utd v Exeter game and the Plymouth v Watford game, I can safely say Man utd is the atmosphere winner, but having watched your 'green army' on sunday I think you'd probably get done in the atmosphere game by Altrincham.True
Yes, i agree that Manchester Unted can indeed provide a better atmosphere than Watford.

It must be difficult to create a good atmosphere when you're team is firmly routed to the bottom of the Premiership with no realistic hope of survival in sight, plus: From my experience people in Watford have a very low IQ and don't usually understand words of more than two cyllibles. They sell their most valuable asset (Ashley Young) then get played off the park in Playmouth yet still come away victorious. It must be a sad, sad life supporting Watford.

But hey, if thats what you want, you go for it.

wozzer

I had a great afternoon and early evening out in Plymouth, thanks to Wozzer and his mates.
I thought Argyle were very unlucky not to get something out of the game, the atmosphere created by both sets of fans was terrific, which made the game even more enjoyable, the passion that all around me in the Mayflower exuded was really something special, (something we could do with up here).
Special thanks to Terry, Pete, Sean and Popey for putting up with me.
As for next season, yes OK I promise to come to a few more games!!

dave (and Simon)
Sorry for the delay in answering but as you know meetings with the Council take a long time.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, pity you couldn't bring us some luck but I suppose years of following the geeks have put paid to that.

Don't forget your invite to for the corporate at the concert.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loudest I've ever seen was Celtic v Rangers in the 70's
...so loud, you could literally SEE the noise.

And Watford only took 800 up there? thats a pretty pathetic turnout for a premiership match against the league leaders, not that that has any relevance to anything.

Phil Sayers

Since digging up old threads is always funny I had a delve back myself.

Two observations from this one:

1. Dave Williams - what an utter tw*t. When we were struggling in the Conference he went to Garg games, hilariously tried to organise boycotts or protests at the Cat and Fiddle (still makes me chuckle!) and started a Tisdale out thread every week. In the last two years that yeast infection has barely been on Exeweb - strange eh?

2. Is this thread the origin of the Ian being a Manure supporter rumour?

angelic upstart

Phil,

Dave was/is almost certainly a lame multi.

Porkus has been accused of his Man utd supporting for as long as I can remember, certainly before we all had to re register and that.

argyle-ive

yes, and still highly fascinating... ^o)