• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie!!

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whats batting for the other team got to do with the price of cod? I just thought it was ironic that you were arranging (on an internet message board) to meet up with someone to prove your "non-geekiness".....probably the most geeky thing it is possible to do! Nowt wrong with being a geek, but if you think you aren't one, perhaps step back and take a look at yourself typing away to someone on a non-league football website, arguing that your "not a geek", and maybe reasses.
Sorry Edwin, I thought you wanted to meet me (in the biblical sense).

jmgull

....doesn't this thread show just how p.c this country has become - i'm sure we all know what Credy and IJN meant with regards to Ian Holloways deaf children - there always seems to be an "Edwin Price" ready to pounce to twist people's words - for what?

For what its worth - and i am in no way a green sympathiser - I think Argyle have got themselves a tremendous manager, you cant fail to respect his managerial record or the entertainment he brings to a game so full of managers who just bore the arse off me.
I also have 3 perfect kids without any disabilities - thank god.
Ian Holloways children havent been blessed with the same luck - listening to the man you can tell they, at least, have been blessed with having a loving father.

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ladies Ladies please, As much as I enjoy the greens fighting amongst themselves, can we please get back on topic.

Now If memory serves me correctly, when A certain Bobby Williamson took over the reigns, I recall you lot started well, and were top of the CCC (or nearabouts) for a while.

Cue BW being hailed as a 'messiah', the new 'Sturrock' etc etc by you so called (fickle) "fans".

Low and behold, the following season, Plymo*th drop faster than my missus knickers, and what happens?. The same "fans" pull together like a pack of wolves and turn on and consequently hound out poor old Uncle Bobby!.

Yes IH is a great man, a man of inspiration, but in my view, a average manager, who has lived off his comical press conferences for too long.

I will, of course take great pleasure in bringing this thread to the top, once the inevitable happens, and will take even more pleasure in saying " I told you so".

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
....doesn't this thread show just how p.c this country has become - i'm sure we all know what Credy and IJN meant with regards to Ian Holloways deaf children - there always seems to be an "Edwin Price" ready to pounce to twist people's words - for what?

For what its worth - and i am in no way a green sympathiser - I think Argyle have got themselves a tremendous manager, you cant fail to respect his managerial record or the entertainment he brings to a game so full of managers who just bore the arse off me.
I also have 3 perfect kids without any disabilities - thank god.
Ian Holloways children havent been blessed with the same luck - listening to the man you can tell they, at least, have been blessed with having a loving father.
Great post.

*Claps*

angelic upstart

Yes IH is a great man, a man of inspiration, but in my view, a average manager, who has lived off his comical press conferences for too long.
I completely agree and have been saying it since he arrived. When he was at QPR Kenny Jackett did all the tactical side of things and Holloway did the people side of things. Evidently Kenny doesn't have those skills following his debacle at Swansea. I do believe Holloway doesn't have the tactical nous to be a good manager. Time will tell.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not really about "PC"....I just don't think someone deserves special praise for bringing their kids up with love and attention, deaf or otherwise. Thats just what should be expected. The "PC brigade" card is an easy one to play. We all know what they meant. I just question whether its worth mentioning really. Its like when someone is described as "brave" for having an illness. Its not bravery, its misfortune. Its easy to get the two mixed up.

IJN

I completely agree and have been saying it since he arrived. When he was at QPR Kenny Jackett did all the tactical side of things and Holloway did the people side of things. Evidently Kenny doesn't have those skills following his debacle at Swansea. I do believe Holloway doesn't have the tactical nous to be a good manager. Time will tell.
Time to change the record AU.

I know you had the idea that Ollie was just a "feel good" type manager, in the Keegan mode.

Let me tell you, his tactics have been spot on, on many occasions and he has changed tactics when he has to.

He'll do for me, and he far more than a "character" although saying that, it's even better that he's not a boring "take each game as it comes" cliche ridden thicko.

Genuine question here, how does Tisdale come across, as I can't remember hearing or seeing him on TV.

Is that because he has no personality or just because you are non league and treated as such by the local media.

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ian, Tiswas (as we call him) is known as a single minded, determined manager.
His tactics have been questionable to say the least thus far, but he IS improving, hence why we are 3rd.

Ok, you are not going to have Tisdale, cracking jokes, and firing off gags about fat women etc a la Hollo-way, and he does have about as much charisma as Ivan, but he in my view is taking us in the right direction ( at the moment ).

For me its too early to judge Tiswas, and the jury is still very much out.

angelic upstart

Just thought I'd bring this one back to the top after Porkus's comments about Holloway on another thread :)

argyle-ive

Well, I still rate the guy, I had no doubt whatsoever that Blackpool would be safe this year once he was in charge.

Just a pity he got a little greedy and tried to go for a club he'd got into trouble at QPR for. He admitted he made a mistake which doesn't do us any good, but maybe he'll show little Blackpool what he is capable of if properly backed.

Lie-cester was his biggest mistake, still makes me giggle about it when we went there and beat them live on SKY! :D

Anyone heard the awful rumours that Tisdale is being lined up to replace Sturrock if things continue to go bad for us?
That'll be season over, be an appalling decision.