• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Red & White

Last film I watched was Snatch 8/10.

Monty python and the holy grail. Quality, 10/10.

grecianette

Little Miss Sunshine.

Very funny and I thoroughly recommend it.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Severance. 9/10 brilliant, Danny Dyer fighting crazed ex-soviet troops, nuts and superb!

Antony Moxey

Danny Dyer must surely knock at least 8/10 off of any film's score?

LOG

Danny Dyer must surely knock at least 8/10 off of any film's score?
He is indeed a penis.

Last one i saw was Four Brothers on Sky on Friday. Good old gansta tripping. 7/10.

Last edited:

heathy1

Watch Severance then make up your mind, he's not the only character in the film!

mustangspeed2006

'The Da Vinci', very poor. I had to write a review for it for my media course at college. This is what I thought:

Film reviews

‘The Da Vinci Code’ Director: Ron Howard.

Date viewed: 27th December 2006.

Normally at the start of a review I would give a brief overview of what the film is about and it’s content. ‘The Da Vinci Code’ has done well to deprive me of doing this. If I were to try to explain all the theories and questions thrown up in this 2 hour grind, it would take several days to read. Also, crucially I do not understand half of the gubbins bought up by Howard and his team throughout what can only described as a ‘borefest’. Anyway here goes, long story short; the renowned Holy Grail of Jesus’s time is thought to be a person, Mary Magedalen in fact (Jesus’s ‘missus’). A decent of her is thought to be still alive today – this is a big religious secret the church doesn’t want to be let out, so much so that they want to find and kill the descendent. Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) an American historian who happens to be in France teams up with police officer Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tatou) to go in pursuit of this descendant. Basically, they are pottering around France, solving riddles and what-not as if by magic. We are then treated to large passages of dialogue explaining why these things are. After a quick 5 minute snooze through yet another explanation to why the church is mightily ****** of with everything, I am greeted with an appearance of Ian McKellen. Enter Sir Ian, indeed his presence livens the film -which now reads 1 hour 32 on the timer- up a bit, but again there is more explanation through dialogue about stuff I merely don’t care about. Throughout, Hanks’s performance is uninspiring and he looks about as interested as us watching this dull as dishwater affair. Surprise, surprise the descendant was indeed Neveu herself, which I worked out half an hour in during a personal drinks break where my step-dad explained the book to me, leaving the ending oh so predictable. Apparently is the book is an action packed page-turner, frankly this is not. Avoid, unless you are a big fan of this philosophical sort of thing and are prepared to do a lot of listening.

Rating: 4/10.

Antony Moxey

I had to write a review for it for my media course at college.
Did you really write '******' in a piece of coursework?

C-......

Daughter of I_M

The Transporter 2 (well I think it was 2). Very good but I thought the ending was crap, then I got told it was supposed to be like that as it's more about the blowing things up etc, but I like the story bit of films so was unhappy. I'd give it 8/10 until the end, it slipped to a 4/10. :mad: