• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
To save any arguments later on, can you clarify what, exactly, might constitute 'coming good'?!
What would you consider a tangible target as I'm sure whatever I consider to be acceptable wont meet the stringent criteria necessary of the non believers .................................

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Mackie couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo for months with us before it suddenly clicked.

Even once he was scoring goals in the Premier League some of those who'd drawn their line in the sand on here refused to admit they were wrong about him (not naming any names <cough>Harris<cough>).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
What would you consider a tangible target as I'm sure whatever I consider to be acceptable wont meet the stringent criteria necessary of the non believers .................................
For me I haven't written him off yet, It is way to early to determine whether a striker can click and be successful for us with so few minutes. But for me, seeing him get minutes on the pitch and making a positive contribution is the starting point, whether that is winning headers attacking or defensively and just generally getting involved with the first team on the pitch. Hopefully once that has started we will then begin to see him get a somewhere between 1-3 to 1-5 goal ratio alongside a similar goal involvements perhaps.

I personally think Scott will be a decent signing for us, but doubt we will see to much of that this season. Next season is the fair time to judge Scott assuming he gets the minutes.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me I haven't written him off yet, It is way to early to determine whether a striker can click and be successful for us with so few minutes. But for me, seeing him get minutes on the pitch and making a positive contribution is the starting point, whether that is winning headers attacking or defensively and just generally getting involved with the first team on the pitch. Hopefully once that has started we will then begin to see him get a somewhere between 1-3 to 1-5 goal ratio alongside a similar goal involvements perhaps.

I personally think Scott will be a decent signing for us, but doubt we will see to much of that this season. Next season is the fair time to judge Scott assuming he gets the minutes.
Rational and level headed that MJP

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I agree , especially given the very difficult run in we’ve got this season.Hardly any room for experimentation.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I agree , especially given the very difficult run in we’ve got this season.Hardly any room for experimentation.
If (Please do not start a war on the Jevani thing again) Jevani Becomes available again, I Hope we see for the rest of the season Jevani, Nombe and Stanno on the pitch starting every game and Scott can pitch in for something different as a sub. As said next season I think will be the true time to judge Scott, But as also said, hopefully when he is on the pitch this season, we see a positive contribution to the side.

tonykellowfan

We have 7 league games in April. There is no way that those 3 will start every game.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
If (Please do not start a war on the Jevani thing again) Jevani Becomes available again, I Hope we see for the rest of the season Jevani, Nombe and Stanno on the pitch starting every game and Scott can pitch in for something different as a sub. As said next season I think will be the true time to judge Scott, But as also said, hopefully when he is on the pitch this season, we see a positive contribution to the side.
You've prepared a good stick to beat GC with as we all know that this is an impossibility from every angle.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've prepared a good stick to beat GC with as we all know that this is an impossibility from every angle.
Not really. They are our best strike force when all available. If they are all available, they should start together as much as possible (I will rephrase this if that makes you happier, because that is what I really mean).

Number13

Not really. They are our best strike force when all available. If they are all available, they should start together as much as possible (I will rephrase this if that makes you happier, because that is what I really mean).
Bang on. Those three start with Collins and McDonald behind them in centre mid with two from Mitchell, Key, Caprice, Sparkes down the sides

Back three of Sweens, Aimson and Hartridge in front of Jamal

Theres not a lot of doubt that thats our best team and should be played most often, injuries / suspensions allowing. None of this rotation rubbish, we're in L1. Play your best team as much as possible