• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the reminder about The McKenzie Break. What a good film that was. (y) Never seems to rock up on TV :(

Great final line

“Willi, looks like we are both in the shithouse”

Oldsmobile-88

Thanks for the reminder about The McKenzie Break. What a good film that was. (y) Never seems to rock up on TV :(

Great final line

“Willi, looks like we are both in the shithouse”
That was a great finale by Brian Keith(1921-97) who played the Irishman Capt Jack Connor.

93910005-D65B-4862-BCB9-D8C3EDDE0C3B.jpeg

Alistair20000

That was a great finale by Brian Keith(1921-97) who played the Irishman Capt Jack Connor.

View attachment 11249
Yes that’s him. Played a great part. (y)

Oldsmobile-88

Into Death Valley with Nick Knowles on Channel 5.

No DIY SOS in the California/Nevada National Park for Nick, just looking at the rugged natural beauty of the place.
I’ve driven to that National Park on a couple of visits to get away from the madness of Las Vegas.
You feel like you are on a different planet at times.

DB9

Heads up for Jinxy and anyone else who likes these sort of programmes, Tonight at 9pm C4, A two part special of 24 Hours in Police Custody, Always worth a watch even if the subject matter is not easy viewing.

Oldsmobile-88

20th March 1980

Man Alive on BBC2 tells the story of Swedish businessman & diplomat Raoul Wallenberg who is credited with saving thousands of Jews in Budapest in the closing months of WW2. He was arrested on bogus espionage charges by the Soviets for reasons that were not clear then shipped off to the infamous Lubyanka prison in Moscow. Mystery surrounding his fate despite having diplomatic immunity. It was though he may have still been alive in the USSR. That was not the case, documents released in 2000 by Russia stated he was executed in 1947 in the Lubyanka.

Israel recognised Wallenbergs humanitarian effort with a bronze statue commissioned in Tel Aviv.

0DF71051-CD7E-4F06-8121-0A8858AD97F0.jpeg

Mr Jinx

Heads up for Jinxy and anyone else who likes these sort of programmes, Tonight at 9pm C4, A two part special of 24 Hours in Police Custody, Always worth a watch even if the subject matter is not easy viewing.
Aye, it's the only program I still watch on terrestrial TV. And last night's was a goodie.

Particularly liked the Uni Student's reaction when the penny dropped. You play with fire, and you'll eventually end up getting burnt.

One thing I never quite got, is why most crims here are allowed to get away with No Comment interviews? You rarely see that happen in the US. A No Comment interview should somehow be made to be an admission of guilt, which I think it might be in the States.

Banksy

20th March 1980

Man Alive on BBC2 tells the story of Swedish businessman & diplomat Raoul Wallenberg who is credited with saving thousands of Jews in Budapest in the closing months of WW2. He was arrested on bogus espionage charges by the Soviets for reasons that were not clear then shipped off to the infamous Lubyanka prison in Moscow. Mystery surrounding his fate despite having diplomatic immunity. It was though he may have still been alive in the USSR. That was not the case, documents released in 2000 by Russia stated he was executed in 1947 in the Lubyanka.

Israel recognised Wallenbergs humanitarian effort with a bronze statue commissioned in Tel Aviv.

View attachment 11258
Nice to know the Russians have consistently been barstewards.

DB9

Aye, it's the only program I still watch on terrestrial TV. And last night's was a goodie.

Particularly liked the Uni Student's reaction when the penny dropped. You play with fire, and you'll eventually end up getting burnt.

One thing I never quite got, is why most crims here are allowed to get away with No Comment interviews? You rarely see that happen in the US. A No Comment interview should somehow be made to be an admission of guilt, which I think it might be in the States.
For someone who has no record to confidently say "No Comment" makes you think how innocent she has been in the past, Obviously her solicitor may have told her to say that or she's scared of the other girl and the two blokes but if I was her brief tell her to come clean etc.

Mr Jinx

For someone who has no record to confidently say "No Comment" makes you think how innocent she has been in the past, Obviously her solicitor may have told her to say that or she's scared of the other girl and the two blokes but if I was her brief tell her to come clean etc.
I think most if not all solicitors tell guilty parties here to No Comment all interviews (after sometimes the Legal giving an opening statement). Why? Because they can. And if you are actually guilty, by talking you're only going to dig a hole.

I'm not sure why they don't do this in the US. One could assume that if you don't talk, you are guilty. If you are willing to talk, why wouldn't you be innocent? That's somewhat simplistic though and in the many progams I have seen, there was one occasion where someone that could not have been involved for some reason decided that he would No Comment. Silly really, as by doing that it put him in the frame, and 30 years ago (before cctv) he could've quite easily been banged up.