• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

tom_ecfc

May well have been missing the climate of Glorious Devon ! :unsure:
Matt Taylor + a poor pitch = not happy!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor + a poor pitch = not happy!
He can't have Chaz......

Alistair20000

He can't have Chaz......
Indeed not.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s not “lucky” at all. He’s doing a grand job of keeping Rotherham afloat in the Championship. If he keeps them up he will be a hero, and I think he will.
I think he will keep them up too.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
He’s not “lucky” at all. He’s doing a grand job of keeping Rotherham afloat in the Championship. If he keeps them up he will be a hero, and I think he will.
Don't disagree that he's doing a decent job, in a tough league. Incidentally MT has got 26 points from 27 games so a PPG of 0.96. So not great, but again, the main objective for Rotherham, much like ourselves was to stay up this season.

GC who obviously like MT took over a club mid-season in a tough league has 25 points from 20 games at a PPG of 1.25 and is also without our best attacking player. Thought this might give a bit of perspective for those who say how well MT is doing (which I agree with), but yet don't seem to have any patient with GC and what he is trying to build.

With all the injuries and behind the scenes stuff that GC has had to deal with I'd say he's done a decent job, and I'm excited about what he is trying to build.

jimmy

He can't have Chaz......
We have to be realistic guys. We're a selling club. It will be painful but when they come in with 3.5 million and a 25% sell-on...we have to consider it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to be realistic guys. We're a selling club. It will be painful but when they come in with 3.5 million and a 25% sell-on...we have to consider it.
3.5 bacon sarnies would probably do it for Chas

Radio Free Skaro

I have to admit that that on-line footage of Chaz preparing the pitch is more entertaining than many matches I have been to at SJP over the years.

Colesman Ballz

Nah I think we are safe, unless Rotherham suddenly gets a lifeboat, and a sea shanty ensemble ! ;)

dontpassback

Well compared to the Cheltenham pitch,the one that chas and his team prepare for us,is miles ahead,and if Rotherham can’t get decent ground staff to do the same with theirs,then tough s###