• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

International relations thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Biden welcomes the ICC's decision to issue an arrest warrant for Putin, Unfortunately like Russia, The US is not signed up to the ICC so it seems a bit hollow to me Biden's statement.

Grecian2K

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:
Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones - BBC News
I'm sure that hostile foreign powers and/or the multinational tech giants will not for a moment be considering ways to hack into the system for their own benefit.

Alistair20000

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:
Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones - BBC News
I'm sure that hostile foreign powers and/or the multinational tech giants will not for a moment be considering ways to hack into the system for their own benefit.
A good idea not fully thought through ?

DB9

A good idea not fully thought through ?
We did all get a txt when told to stay at home back in 2020 when the pandemic hit.

Colesman Ballz

We did all get a txt when told to stay at home back in 2020 when the pandemic hit.
Not if you possessed an unregistered mobile bought with that old fashioned thing called cash, you didn't ! :p
Just a little precaution having come under surveillance from our security services many years ago, when they were "investigating" the partner of a former girlfriend !

Alistair20000

Not if you possessed an unregistered mobile bought with that old fashioned thing called cash, you didn't ! :p
Just a little precaution having come under surveillance from our security services many years ago, when they were "investigating" the partner of a former girlfriend !
I never received those alerts and pings either.

Love Johnny Cash me.

DB9

Love Johnny Cash me.
Didn't you Al? I can remember being at work when it went off and everyone got the same alert txt.

Alistair20000

Didn't you Al? I can remember being at work when it went off and everyone got the same alert txt.
TBH I do not use my mobile phone a lot.

Oldsmobile-88

My device did not have IOS 13 so I could not have the NHS App along with about a million others. No pings for me either.
My good lady had the App, which could not be used on our numerous Scotland trips(when allowed) it was not compatible with the NHS England one !

One more bit of total nonsense at the time just to fcku up the entire country.

Spoonz Red E

TBH I do not use my mobile phone a lot.
You love Johnny Cash and you don't walk the line?