• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

tom_ecfc

7 points from 12 is not a bad return. We seem to be stronger at home in recent matches. Would be disappointed if we don’t pick up 3 points, but a draw restricting Accrington points wouldn’t be the worst result in the grand scheme of things, although the fans wouldn’t be happy.

Exeter City 2-1 Accrington Stanley
Nombe & Mitchell

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are not in danger of going down!!!!!

Anyway, Hartridge back so let's hope the defence is back to form. A decent pitch, and Mitchell tearing them apart on the wing.
3-0.

tom_ecfc

We are not in danger of going down!!!!!
This is correct.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
The last Saturday 3 o’clock kick off for a home match this season I think I’m right in saying

JW57++

The last Saturday 3 o’clock kick off for a home match this season I think I’m right in saying
Seems really strange but I make that correct. (Unless the Barnsley game is postponed again and rearranged for a Saturday).

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
In a weird way we actually played pretty well for most of the game on Saturday so I feel reasonably confident unless we continue giving the ball away in bad areas (which is likely given the way GC wants us to play, it's definitely risk/reward).

Hopefully Mcdonald is fully fit and can start and it would be nice to see Kite back but that seems unlikely. I'm one of the few that are yet to be convinced by Hartridge but he's definitely an upgrade from Grounds so good to have him back too.

Although I think we are already safe it would be nice to get a win on the board before the hard run in.

Squeezebox

Am I right in thinking this will be available to watch on ifollow for those of us in the UK as it's an international break I believe?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am I right in thinking this will be available to watch on ifollow for those of us in the UK as it's an international break I believe?
You are correct in this assumption.

I annoyingly work til 1500, so could only watch the 2nd half via I Follow and won't pay £10 for just the second half. Maybe I will put the idea forward that you could maybe pay £5 for just the 2nd half perhaps.

On a serious note, A game I feel we need to win on Saturday. I think we will get a win, 2-1. Stanno getting both goals early on and Accy get a late goal to make it very nervy.

Bridgy 81

You are correct in this assumption.

I annoyingly work til 1500, so could only watch the 2nd half via I Follow and won't pay £10 for just the second half. Maybe I will put the idea forward that you could maybe pay £5 for just the 2nd half perhaps.

On a serious note, A game I feel we need to win on Saturday. I think we will get a win, 2-1. Stanno getting both goals early on and Accy get a late goal to make it very nervy.
I think someone on here has said previously that there’s a ‘start from the beginning’ facility on iFollow.
So, presumably if you by a pass you can press the right button during the game and it goes back to the start of the match.
I’m not sure if I’ve remembered that correctly and I’m even less sure how you do it, but other people may know.
If you try it make sure you avoid hearing or seeing any updates before you get home - Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads style (if you’re old enough to remember that!).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think someone on here has said previously that there’s a ‘start from the beginning’ facility on iFollow.
So, presumably if you by a pass you can press the right button during the game and it goes back to the start of the match.
I’m not sure if I’ve remembered that correctly and I’m even less sure how you do it, but other people may know.
If you try it make sure you avoid hearing or seeing any updates before you get home - Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads style (if you’re old enough to remember that!).
Whilst I wasn't alive when it originally aired I do enjoy the Likely lads and that episode in particular is pretty amusing (Similar the drink driving / hooligan episode).

Ok I might consider this, As sure the lad would love to watch it (If we win).