• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town vs Exeter City matchday thread

tom_ecfc

Alfie May was 15 miles offside
He was in his own half when the ball was played.774E96F4-2567-4F09-913D-768491E49710.jpeg

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The curse of the bogey team strikes again.
Are they? Been happy hunting ground in recent years

Colesman Ballz

He was in his own half when the ball was played.View attachment 11239
Whoops ! Fred must have been wearing his red tinted specs again ! Maybe they will match the colour of his cheeks when he sees this ! 😎

arthur

He was in his own half when the ball was played.View attachment 11239
His hand wasn't!

Timps58

Was at the game. Point has already made, but I'm still seething about the flare. In my view dangerous and irresponsible anyway, but up to the goal, we were buzzing. Delay cause by the git with the flare allowed them to compose and lost is the buzz.
In my view the key moment

tom_ecfc

His hand wasn't!
You can’t score with your hand.

Grecian Max

What an odd game.

We dominated possession and unlike a month ago created some proper chances that really should have been put away.

Again, not sure what game people were watching but we played some lovely football when on top, which was the majority of the game.

Downside was we let in three very weak goals, one a straight route one that should have been dealt with, both in the first instance from Aimson and then whilst it was still bouncing around in the box. Corner, free header and I personally think Blackman should be saving thst. Third was a break away with us pushing for an equaliser.

Think it would have gone differently had Nombe put in a good penalty.

White was good for periods, Key actually released the ball occasionally and was decent, Mitchell is class but didn’t get on it enough.

It was quite different from the game we lost under MT at SJP - Cheltenham wanted to play a game of football this time which was nice and look much better. I still think despite that we played the better football.

I would only call for Caldwell to go when it’s obvious that needs to happen and we are quite far from that point, for me. For some reason the fanbase haven’t taken to him which I respect as I felt the same about latter era Tisdale. Minds were made upon his appointment so sadly can’t see this sizeable chunk of our support changing their minds (even with a mid table finish) which is going to lead to some tricky moments soon-ish IMO.

red1

I wasnt there but listened in and Cheltenhams commentary team said when we scored “ well thats no surprise, thats been coming since thirty five minutes, looks like they will go on and win this now”. They were full of praise for
our style of play and were more than surprised at the final whistle.
you cant legislate for mistakes, but carry on with what GC is trying to instill and we we will come good.

Grecian Max

Always like to see smokebombs btw, more of those please lads

Colesman Ballz

Pyro ! String the idiot up by his goolies from the Big Bank end crossbar ! :mad: