• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

Memphis09

Instead of being silly and sitting on that fence, how about you add to the discussion - could you answer the following :)

Is Josh Key good enough to sustain a career in the Championship (and beyond)?

Has Josh Key performed well and to standard this season?

Which of Josh Key's 3 seasons in mens football has been his best, from an individual performance perspective?

I think those answers would be interesting to hear, because I watched every game and he's been **** poor for most of them in L1.
Point 1 not on this season form
Point 2 as above
Point 3 all about the same
The other question is ..... would we miss him I honestly don’t think so
So in summary if we get an offer of over 250 plus I would take it

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Point 1 not on this season form
Point 2 as above
Point 3 all about the same
The other question is ..... would we miss him I honestly don’t think so
So in summary if we get an offer of over 250 plus I would take it
Thank the Lord that the decision is not down to you then !
You are Jimmy Carter and I claim my five bucks !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not one to go in to stats but Assists 1 Goals 1 is a bit pathetic for a forward going midfielder that's played most games, even his goal was a one yarder.
His stats look a bit better now!

simcity

Why would a player know the supposed details of a transfer that didn’t happen? Obviously, if you’re the player involved then that’s a bit different, but in my experience, as a general rule, the players don’t know a whole lot more about these things than you’re average ExeWebber - sometimes less.
If Key has talked about it with some other members of the squad during the second half of the season then I assume the figure would be common knowledge within the group.

£1.6m is the figure I got from a player during a conversation I had with him, no reason to doubt that!

Grecian Max

His stats look a bit better now!
No surprise it wasn’t with his foot

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Key has talked about it with some other members of the squad during the second half of the season then I assume the figure would be common knowledge within the group.

£1.6m is the figure I got from a player during a conversation I had with him, no reason to doubt that!
Without repeating the same thing that has been said by numerous posters the issue isn't the validity of whether the club received bids from Blackburn or Sunderland but the composition of those bids being loaded by add on's. For example, Blackburn's bid could have been as follows: Up front payment of £250,000 followed by staged payments as follows: Promotion to the Premier League £500,000; 50 appearances in the Premier League £250,000, 100 appearances in the Premier League £250,000; England Appearance £350,000. As you can see such a bid would be heavily loaded in favour of the bidding club and not Exeter City. Should Blackburn not have been promoted the fee would only be £250,000 which is the reason why such bids are not acceptable. If the upfront fee had been for example £750,000 I suspect the bid would have succeeded

grecIAN Harris

I still think it's all still very irrelevant as he won't be going anywhere too exotic with Jekyll and Hyde performances like today. The first half he was completely annonymous, the second half was much improved until our game stalled.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Josh had a good game today. Showed passion and took his goal well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I thought his second half performance was the best I can remember seeing him play for a very long time and it was great there was finally some end product as well.

grecIAN Harris

He had a good 25 minutes in the second half when we were on top, and it was the sort of Josh we expect to see and needs to be if ever he is going to be worth this million quid a lot of people still think he's worth (he isn't and hasn't even been close to being for the last 18 months). The first half he might aswell have not been there and then, like the rest of the side, it went downhill from the moment Cheltenham scored the second.