• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never in a million years. Yet another one of those titbits that have somehow become seen as a fact. Blackburn as well hardly a big club!
I'm with Saint James on this. There is no way in a million or even a billion years, we got anything like £1.6 million bid for Josh. It is theoretically possible if the deal with £500k upfront with £1.1m in add ons, but even then I just don't believe it.

simcity

That was the number I was given during a conversation with a player in the squad towards the end of last season, the offer came in pretty much around the time his form dipped so things were happening behind the scenes.

MT didn't want to accept in January as he felt that it would impact our promotion push and we could still sell in the summer with 12 months left on his deal.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was the number I was given during a conversation with a player in the squad towards the end of last season, the offer came in pretty much around the time his form dipped so things were happening behind the scenes.

MT didn't want to accept in January as he felt that it would impact our promotion push and we could still sell in the summer with 12 months left on his deal.
Why would a player know the supposed details of a transfer that didn’t happen? Obviously, if you’re the player involved then that’s a bit different, but in my experience, as a general rule, the players don’t know a whole lot more about these things than you’re average ExeWebber - sometimes less.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regardless of whether Sunderland offered a mil, we should have - in hindsight - got rid when the interest was there. I don't blame the club at all for this as his stock was high, but he's been really poor for ages now and his value has tumbled IMO.

As for his future, I don't think he has that much talked about cliche - "a football brain" . It's beyond frustrating to watch and nothing seems to change when it comes to decision making. As an athlete and technical dribbling ability he's good but can't see him being in the Championship for long...

Leads

I have no info on the Blackburn story, but what is clear is that clubs higher up the food chain rate him.

I can imagine a scout looking at him and thinking this guy's got potential- pace, great work rate. I would imagine they think they could coach some of his flaws out of his game.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Colesman Ballz

Regardless of whether Sunderland offered a mil, we should have - in hindsight - got rid when the interest was there. I don't blame the club at all for this as his stock was high, but he's been really poor for ages now and his value has tumbled IMO.

As for his future, I don't think he has that much talked about cliche - "a football brain" . It's beyond frustrating to watch and nothing seems to change when it comes to decision making. As an athlete and technical dribbling ability he's good but can't see him being in the Championship for long...
Ha ! Wouldn't be the same on Exeweb if you didn't pick on a player to scapegoat every ruddy season ! :p

Grecian Max

Ha ! Wouldn't be the same on Exeweb if you didn't pick on a player to scapegoat every ruddy season ! :p
It's not scapegoating it's just assessing how players are performing over a period of time, same as the manager.

I was right with MJ btw. And Seymour. And Pym.

Colesman Ballz

It's not scapegoating it's just assessing how players are performing over a period of time, same as the manager.

I was right with MJ btw. And Seymour. And Pym.
"If you throw enough mud it is inevitable that some will stick" ! And lest you ever forget, you did of course opine that Jevani was a "dud" signing ! :)

Memphis09

Massive? Hmm.
Agree massive is a big statement but he has great pace and is a better defender
So upgrade definitely
I like Sparks but does not defend well
A very good crosser of the ball
Would keep him as backup to Mitchell

Alistair20000

I can confirm interest from Blackburn in January 2022 but I have no information on the fee discussed.

Josh was very unhappy no deal was done