• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fleetwood Town away - Saturday 1 April

Martin Weiler

Over 10 years ago now…..City at Fleetwood on 9 March 2013 for a 0-0 draw in front of 2097. Lots of fun with balloons in the away section. Nice main stand too.

P1000423.JPG.jpegP1000426.JPGP1000438.JPG

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's very strange seeing the old grandstand still in place behind the new one (opposite where we will stand(.

Still no train tickets being sold by Avanti from London to Blackpool :(

Martin Weiler

It's very strange seeing the old grandstand still in place behind the new one (opposite where we will stand(.

Still no train tickets being sold by Avanti from London to Blackpool :(
Very strange indeed:

P1000437.JPG

Martin Weiler

The ‘old’ town of Fleetwood is well worth a pre match wander. It was all built in one go in the 1830s to serve the seaport and railway hub - the first planned town of the Victorian era. Even more unusual than the stands in front of each other is the fact that Fleetwood is the only UK town with three lighthouses. One is situated on an inland street! And it’s still working.

Bridgy 81

The ‘old’ town of Fleetwood is well worth a pre match wander. It was all built in one go in the 1830s to serve the seaport and railway hub - the first planned town of the Victorian era. Even more unusual than the stands in front of each other is the fact that Fleetwood is the only UK town with three lighthouses. One is situated on an inland street! And it’s still working.
I think people of Burnham-on-Sea may challenged that lighthouse assertion.
As there’s three of them there as well.
The two which no longer work are The Round Tower Lighthouse which is on The Esplanade and is currently part of a guest house I think and The High Lighthouse which is even further back from the seafront and part of a private house now.
The Low Lighthouse which is made of wood and still operational is on the beach itself.
Fleetwood have a better football team though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Train tickets finally available! Not cheap either ☹

KentGrecian

Do they come up as "advanced"?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Up Friday, back Sunday £113 with a old farts railcard from Exeter. £171 usual fare.

Nothing available at all on the Saturday.
Though it would be tight getting back to Blackpool North Station from Fleetwood to make the train to Preston to pick up the last train to BNS that allows the connection to the South West.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Up Friday, back Sunday £113 with a old farts railcard from Exeter. £171 usual fare.

Nothing available at all on the Saturday.
Though it would be tight getting back to Blackpool North Station from Fleetwood to make the train to Preston to pick up the last train to BNS that allows the connection to the South West.
I set an alert so I'm presuming I'm a day ahead of everyone else.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do they come up as "advanced"?
They did.