• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
And that would finally be the end of the gift that gives on giving. Then it would be time for Ethan to be sold and start the process all over again.
It would. Must be £6 or million we have earnt for Watkins over the last few years. Astonishing really.

This summer I think we are looking at fees in for Collins, Key, Nombe, Hartridge and some higher earners out of the club in Harper, Blackman (I would try to keep Blackman). We could also be looking at additional fees for Ampadu and Watkins seemingly.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would. Must be £6 or million we have earnt for Watkins over the last few years. Astonishing really.

This summer I think we are looking at fees in for Collins, Key, Nombe, Hartridge and some higher earners out of the club in Harper, Blackman (I would try to keep Blackman). We could also be looking at additional fees for Ampadu and Watkins seemingly.
I make it about 6.75 million - 1.8 from the original fee and 4.95 from the sale to Villa. Enough to bankroll a promotion winning team, a new pitch and a new building at the training ground!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It depends on the terms of our sell on. IF our sell on cover's any profit made by Brentford, then we would, if our sell on was a one off then we wouldn't. I would presume our sell on cover's profit.

This could be a very productive summer for us money in wise.
It depends on the terms of our sell on as you say and that was the crux of my question as we seem to have just gone in a full circle on here with guess work lol. I could re-phrase the question by asking does anyone know whether the terms of our sell on mean we definately get another 15% of any profit over £33M if Watkins is sold?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It depends on the terms of our sell on as you say and that was the crux of my question as we seem to have just gone in a full circle on here with guess work lol. I could re-phrase the question by asking does anyone know whether the terms of our sell on mean we definately get another 15% of any profit over £33M if Watkins is sold?

Exeter City will receive 15 per cent of any future income Brentford received for the player, and additionally, the club will be entitled to financial recompense whilst Aston Villa remain in the Premier League.

Devon Live indicating we do get 15% of any future income.

Come on Arsenal, £60m for Watkins is a bargain ;)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exeter City will receive 15 per cent of any future income Brentford received for the player, and additionally, the club will be entitled to financial recompense whilst Aston Villa remain in the Premier League.

Devon Live indicating we do get 15% of any future income.

Come on Arsenal, £60m for Watkins is a bargain ;)
This will be my final say on the matter as that article was penned in March 2021 and it (Devon Live indicating we do get 15% of any future income) can be read in two ways. One as you say we get 15% from a future transfer or two that the 'future income' referred to was any future add ons as part of the deal from Brentford that we have subsequently netted already.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will be my final say on the matter as that article was penned in March 2021 and it (Devon Live indicating we do get 15% of any future income) can be read in two ways. One as you say we get 15% from a future transfer or two that the 'future income' referred to was any future add ons as part of the deal from Brentford that we have subsequently netted already.
Very true. Let's hope it means money if he's sold on.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
£33 million is not a lot of money for a proven PL goalscorer.
Good call.

Richarlison £60 million and he has hardly been a prolific scorer since the move to Spurs from Everton.

JJ red&white

It depends on the terms of our sell on. IF our sell on cover's any profit made by Brentford, then we would, if our sell on was a one off then we wouldn't. I would presume our sell on cover's profit.

This could be a very productive summer for us money in wise.
We do have a sell on based on all profits Brentford make. Hence why we got money for the England apps and Villa staying up, as these were add ons between Villa and Brentford, but we then got 15% of these.
I believe this then means if Brentford have their own sell on with Villa, then we would get 15% of their profit on that clause too.

Our earnings from Ollie so far are; (There is only a max of £37,500 more we can earn on the add ons - being 15% of the additional £5m in clauses)
PlayerInitial FeeSell ons earntAdd ons earntTotal
Ollie Watkins 1,800,000 3,930,000 712,500 6,442,500

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We do have a sell on based on all profits Brentford make. Hence why we got money for the England apps and Villa staying up, as these were add ons between Villa and Brentford, but we then got 15% of these.
I believe this then means if Brentford have their own sell on with Villa, then we would get 15% of their profit on that clause too.

Our earnings from Ollie so far are; (There is only a max of £37,500 more we can earn on the add ons - being 15% of the additional £5m in clauses)
PlayerInitial FeeSell ons earntAdd ons earntTotal
Ollie Watkins 1,800,000 3,930,000 712,500 6,442,500
The initial fee Aston Villa paid was reported as 28 million which, if my maths is correct, means we earned 4.2 million.

DawlishBouy

The initial fee Aston Villa paid was reported as 28 million which, if my maths is correct, means we earned 4.2 million.
You have to subtract the £1.8m fee from the £28m first. JJ's sell on figure is correct.