• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a "perfect business plan" for any normal "small business" 🙄
But what's a mere ÂŁ31 mill to shady private plutocrats if it buys them influence and political power?

Mr Jinx

Sounds like a "perfect business plan" for any normal "small business" 🙄
Could that be because it didn't lose anywhere as near as much as SkyNews does?

And we won't talk about beeb news, as that runs off the publics taxes.

DB9

Could that be because it didn't lose anywhere as near as much as SkyNews does?

And we won't talk about beeb news, as that runs off the publics taxes.
Unfortunatly News Channels don't make money, Not here in the UK anyway, Money pits spring to mind. TalkTV with Murdoch behind them are a safer bet but would also still lose a shed load.

Mr Jinx

Unfortunately News Channels don't make money, Not here in the UK anyway, Money pits spring to mind. TalkTV with Murdoch behind them are a safer bet but would also still lose a shed load.
At the end of the day, not enough people watch them. Which is a shame as they can come up with some really good stuff.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

At the end of the day, not enough people watch them. Which is a shame as they can come up with some really good stuff.
Indeed, Once the headlines are done, some in-depth stories are really good.

angelic upstart

Just my personal view but as someone who has GBN on for most of the day and on most days, there is a diminution in quality once you get past around 6pm I’ve noticed.
It all gets a bit trashy and tabloid, although I do like Simon Evans’s input.
I took this advice and watched for 15 or so minutes earlier today. To my knowledge I'd only seen that young fella Tom in the daytime for about 2 minutes in the day and had only ever seen it in the evening where it's not to my taste.

No idea who the presenter was (was on sometime between 12-1) and was a couple of people once if the bbc. The presenter was quiet, and listened. The speakers were mildly interesting and it was okay. Certainly much better than the evening.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Can't see the issue there, egg
Two Tame Tory Toadies "interviewing" one of their senior stafff.
Where's the bias with that?
Can't see the problem! Next we'll be having the blue-top tabloids claiming that Match of the Day pundits praising non W-A-S-P players being too "woke". :rolleyes:

PeteUni1984_7

So what if it is impartial - I haven't paid for it (unlike the Biased Broadcasting Corporation where I have hoped it would be impartial) and can therefore decide whether I watch it or not. If I don't like the bias I can turn it off.
If it is questioning conventional wisdom then it is doing a good thing. "If everyone thinks alike then someone isn't thinking". The current majority thinking on climate change and covid vaccination is nonsense - if we don't get that change it is more money wasted and more people's health compromised. Of course my views could be wrong - but so could the current conventional thinking - organisations like GB News should be free to challenge that to help us all see who is right - my views could of course be wrong.

Mr Jinx

So what if it is impartial - I haven't paid for it (unlike the Biased Broadcasting Corporation where I have hoped it would be impartial) and can therefore decide whether I watch it or not. If I don't like the bias I can turn it off.
If it is questioning conventional wisdom then it is doing a good thing. "If everyone thinks alike then someone isn't thinking". The current majority thinking on climate change and covid vaccination is nonsense - if we don't get that change it is more money wasted and more people's health compromised. Of course my views could be wrong - but so could the current conventional thinking - organisations like GB News should be free to challenge that to help us all see who is right - my views could of course be wrong.
One could say, there's nothing stopping anyone from starting their own left leaning news channel should they so wish. But then we already have the BBC, ITV & C4. Guffaw.