• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match Day Thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hartridge clearly made a mistake for their first goal, but the player most to blame was Sweenz who just fell backwards when their player took their shot.

Bloody love Sweenz, me, but he was to blame for their goal yesterday.

Colesman Ballz

Hartridge clearly made a mistake for their first goal, but the player most to blame was Sweenz who just fell backwards when their player took their shot.

Are you trying to start that old argument about chickens and eggs ? :p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

On Twitter he's put his hand up and apologised for his mistake.

fred binneys head

Doesn’t surprise me at all, bloody love Sweenz, me.

Mr Jinx

Interesting in reading the Wycombe forum that they were equally scathing about the ref. Inept then rather than a homer perhaps?
oh i dunno.

There was one penalty shout we had that, from where I was standing, seemed pretty stonewall. I forget who the player was, Nombe maybe, put he got a clear push from their defender and went straight down in the box. You know, the kind of foul that Harry Kane's gets in his favour 2 or 3 times a match, unless it's at a Qatar refereed WC (Messi would've got them every time however).

The ref on Sat instantly waved it away, but from where he was standing he wouldn't have seen the push as his view would've been blocked by the Wycombe defender.

I'm thinking if the tables had been turned, he'd have given it.

Mr Jinx

On Twitter he's put his hand up and apologised for his mistake.
Don't see why - it was 100% Hartridge's fault.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't see why - it was 100% Hartridge's fault.
I think it's for his poor defending in the box after Hartridge's poor pass.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The whole situation started with the poor pass, but the defending after this is pretty poor all round especially from Sweeney. But look at the positives we got ourselves into and kept in the game n got a point the vast majority would've been delighted with prior to the game, against a side whom are generally difficult to get anything from when you fall behind

tom_ecfc

Just been sent this youth teamsheet from Steve Stentiford from 7th November 2006.

None other than Sam Vokes leading the line for AFC Bournemouth that day….fast forward just over 17 years and Vokes leads the line for Wycombe against us!l in L1!
D7CF245A-F1CC-4774-B4B1-4AE219D736E8.jpeg

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just been sent this youth teamsheet from Steve Stentiford from 7th November 2006.

None other than Sam Vokes leading the line for AFC Bournemouth that day….fast forward just over 17 years and Vokes leads the line for Wycombe against us!l in L1!
View attachment 11158
Not many in the City lineup made it. In my head, Dean Stamp was around way before Sercs. It just goes to show what a long and successful career he's had.