• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

Squeezebox

See post #137
Bleh! Apologies sir!

Red Bill

The season ends in 2 months time. A family rental for that period would cover it.

(trying not to get my hopes up too much! But its far better that the family are giving it a try in Devon than not)
Don't contracts run until 1st July though?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't contracts run until 1st July though?
they do, but players also have holidays. And I don't think clubs normally ask players to come in to train after the season ends. You often hear of departing players clearing out their flat/house in the days after the season ends.

I'm more pinning my hopes on KMcD wanting to play as much as possible. He's missed so much game time in recent years. If he joins a bigger/higher club he'll probably, at age 34 turning 35, only play bits and pieces. With ECFC he will get lots more game time. Kev - you know it makes sense!

Colesman Ballz

I'm more pinning my hopes on KMcD wanting to play as much as possible. He's missed so much game time in recent years. If he joins a bigger/higher club he'll probably, at age 34 turning 35, only play bits and pieces. With ECFC he will get lots more game time. Kev - you know it makes sense!
The age old problem still exists however, finance. At the end of the day, no matter what we can offer him in terms of game time, environment etc, if other clubs come in offering far better terms then his decision can end up being based on family finances.

scottus86

The age old problem still exists however, finance. At the end of the day, no matter what we can offer him in terms of game time, environment etc, if other clubs come in offering far better terms then his decision can end up being based on family finances.
We could offer a coaching role and to pay for the cost of his badges etc? Maybe not so much upfront but we'll be investing in a future for him once his playing days are over... which probably isn't far off now.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fundraiser? Whatever we raise can be his signing on fee?

Colesman Ballz

Fundraiser? Whatever we raise can be his signing on fee?
Great idea ! Do you intend also to give Gary Caldwell a pat on the back for signing him ? :unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The guy is obviously good but aren't we all getting ahead of ourselves here? He's 34, had a major operation and has been out of the game for some time. Probably see how his body stands up to regular football for a few more weeks before offering him the family silver?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great idea ! Do you intend also to give Gary Caldwell a pat on the back for signing him ? :unsure:
Of course. Either way we need to persuade him to stay at least next season.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course. Either way we need to persuade him to stay at least next season.
Player / coach role - reminds me a bit of the great Rob Edwards.