• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would the club ever look at a new platinum tier for trust members with say 5 or even 10 years continuous membership? The gold level must be getting quite rammed now.
Would be very unfair on younger supporters.

tom_ecfc

Would be very unfair on younger supporters.
Maybe a different system for younger supporters?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only issue with ticketing priority is I know a couple of people who go week in week out and are not season ticket holders or members of the trust and won't join.
They do state that it is only big cup games (which rarely happen) that they occasionally don't get a ticket, but normally know a couple of people who can get these tickets for them.
In the nicest way possible, if they miss out on tickets because of this that's their problem.

If they join the trust for just £2 per month it's problem solved.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the nicest way possible, if they miss out on tickets because of this that's their problem.

If they join the trust for just £2 per month it's problem solved.
No it's the clubs problem as they are alienating some of the more valuable fan base. We're drifting back into the 'Trust members are more important' argument but the reality is not all of them are. There are some that pay £24 a year and, for whatever reason (geography, work) don't go to any games or barely a handful of games yet they are deemed 'more valuable' than Joe Bloggs who pays at least £460 across the season as a pay at the gate customer but doesn't want to join The Trust for whatever reason. Who is actually of more value to the club? The answer, financial, is of course Joe Bloggs yet he is deemed of lesser rating than Mr Trust Member. It is the club that need to find a way around this and it isn't difficult.. Make it be know at the start of the season that if you have prrof that you have attended x% of games then you will be placed in a deemed group. For me, I buy my tickets online. I am on a club datatbase. If it isn't already on there, surely it isn't that difficult to add a section that shows how many tickets I have bought across a season. Then when I come to buy my Argiggle ticket, the club can check to see whether I have matched the criteria to be able to purchase said ticket. If I have, 'there you are Sir, there's your ticket'. I'm sure Spoonz will come back soon with an answer of whther there is any feasability behind that.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
No it's the clubs problem as they are alienating some of the more valuable fan base. We're drifting back into the 'Trust members are more important' argument but the reality is not all of them are. There are some that pay £24 a year and, for whatever reason (geography, work) don't go to any games or barely a handful of games yet they are deemed 'more valuable' than Joe Bloggs who pays at least £460 across the season as a pay at the gate customer but doesn't want to join The Trust for whatever reason. Who is actually of more value to the club? The answer, financial, is of course Joe Bloggs yet he is deemed of lesser rating than Mr Trust Member. It is the club that need to find a way around this and it isn't difficult.. Make it be know at the start of the season that if you have prrof that you have attended x% of games then you will be placed in a deemed group. For me, I buy my tickets online. I am on a club datatbase. If it isn't already on there, surely it isn't that difficult to add a section that shows how many tickets I have bought across a season. Then when I come to buy my Argiggle ticket, the club can check to see whether I have matched the criteria to be able to purchase said ticket. If I have, 'there you are Sir, there's your ticket'. I'm sure Spoonz will come back soon with an answer of whther there is any feasability behind that.
Sorry but will have to agree to disagree. Pretty much every club in England will have priority groups based on membership (I suppose the trust is our equivalent) or season tickets. If you're a fan and you're in neither group you need to accept you'll possibly miss out on tickets at some point.

All people have to do to avoid this is join the trust for £2 a month, if you don't want to that's fair enough but you can't complain about losing out.

The club can't be expected to come up with a system that caters for every eventuality.

grecIAN Harris

Sorry but will have to agree to disagree. Pretty much every club in England will have priority groups based on membership (I suppose the trust is our equivalent) or season tickets. If you're a fan and you're in neither group you need to accept you'll possibly miss out on tickets at some point.

All people have to do to avoid this is join the trust for £2 a month, if you don't want to that's fair enough but you can't complain about losing out.

The club can't be expected to come up with a system that caters for every eventuality.
Why? And moreover, why should a non Trust member be forced into paying what is effectively £44 for an Argyle ticket, because that is what, in your world, your expecting them to do?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if it's an argument about whether Trust members are more important but the specific question of whether season ticker holders deserve the right to buy an additional ticket for a mate for home games which are likely to sell out.

Pmc grecian

Why? And moreover, why should a non Trust member be forced into paying what is effectively £44 for an Argyle ticket, because that is what, in your world, your expecting them to do?
If that is the only game they attend than £44 is fair enough !!

C j phill

Because, unfortunately, life is sometimes unfair and there is no process that can overcome that.

You want a system that appears to favour "non Trust" members, so under your system, there's also an element of unfairness.

The Club and Trust have implemented a system as best they think. As long as supporters know the rules, which they do, because they are clearly communicated and available to all, supporters can take decisions based on this knowledge.

grecIAN Harris

Because, unfortunately, life is sometimes unfair and there is no process that can overcome that.

You want a system that appears to favour "non Trust" members, so under your system, there's also an element of unfairness.

The Club and Trust have implemented a system as best they think. As long as supporters know the rules, which they do, because they are clearly communicated and available to all, supporters can take decisions based on this knowledge.
No, I'm trying to find a balance that is fair. Currently it isn't but, as I've suggested there previously, are ways and means to balance that out. As I've pointed out, Trust membership on it's own shouldn't outweigh somebody who turns up week in week out. However, if you're somebody who is a Trust member and turns up week in week out then your membership should, rightly, give you that extra edge.

Last edited: