• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
When I was in a supermarket the other week and only had a few items the guy working there directed me away from an actual person working on a till to a self service area , I politely declined his offer and said " I wouldnt be using the self service check outs as I already have a job plus dont work here "

He looked rather confused for a moment then walked away to carry on directing people away from the tills.

Here's a friggin radical idea instead of having people stood around doing very little and others who's specific job seems to be getting customers to do an employees job

WHY NOT JUST JUMP ON A TILL AND DO YOUR JOB BEFORE THE WHOLE SHOP IS RUN BY 1 PERSON AND YOU ARE ALL MADE UNEMPLOYED !!!
Frontline staff doing their jobs as decreed by those way above them, getting it in the neck again.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Frontline staff doing their jobs as decreed by those way above them, getting it in the neck again.
Read my other post about 5 of them stood around doing bugger all , well apart from chatting.

Rosencrantz

Read my other post about 5 of them stood around doing bugger all , well apart from chatting.
As Isca said, not all staff are till trained. You don't like how pretty much all supermarkets are going with the way they are cutting tills, which is fine. A lot of people don't. Our Tesco's have cut their tills right back to about five with a massive self checkout area. I doubt their frontline staff ordered it though. So why moan about them?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
As Isca said, not all staff are till trained. You don't like how pretty much all supermarkets are going with the way they are cutting tills, which is fine. A lot of people don't. Our Tesco's have cut their tills right back to about five with a massive self checkout area. I doubt their frontline staff ordered it though. So why moan about them?
You've seen the thread title ? I despair , I really do :rolleyes:

Alistair20000

Come on Rosey you need to up your game chap.

See Mr Ramone's plaintive reply to you :)

Rosencrantz

Come on Rosey you need to up your game chap.

See Mr Ramone's plaintive reply to you :)
Alright Al, how about front line staff who get passive aggressive comments (and worse) from customers over things they have nothing to do with when the orders come down from the Ivory Towers. That's annoying 🙂

DB9

I always sit in the car waiting whilst my good lady does the shopping 😁
I stay at home looking after the remote control (Far more important) She txts me to say she finished then I go and pick her up, That's my type of shopping.

Alistair20000

Alright Al, how about front line staff who get passive aggressive comments (and worse) from customers over things they have nothing to do with when the orders come down from the Ivory Towers. That's annoying 🙂
I would commend them to this thread ;) As Ramon says …….

Bridgy 81

Well said.
And I’ve read the subsequent posts disparaging yours.
A couple of years ago we were reliant on shop, health and other essential workers, when a lot of other people stayed at home, and I for one will be forever grateful.
It’s sad how soon we return to criticising them.
But, I’m depressingly not surprised.

tavyred

It’s not completely unreasonable for customers to voice their frustrations about their retail ‘experience’ to the people who are the paid representatives of the shop in question.
You could argue that is a prerequisite of working in a customer facing role to be the link between the complaining customer and their bosses who the make decisions.
BTW, the pandemic is over, these workers are no longer “frontline” if indeed they ever where.