• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
5 shop assistants stood around at Sainsburys Marsh Barton all chatting away about the weather etc and planning for their holidays this year and multiple customers stood around with only 1 till open !!!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
5 shop assistants stood around at Sainsburys Marsh Barton all chatting away about the weather etc and planning for their holidays this year and multiple customers stood around with only 1 till open !!!
Nearly all self service tills in that store now. When I mentioned that to the nice lady on the till the other day as I prefer not to use self service she said “not enough customers want to use a till with a person” :(

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Men. Stay out of supermarkets.

Oldsmobile-88

I always sit in the car waiting whilst my good lady does the shopping 😁

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always sit in the car waiting whilst my good lady does the shopping 😁
Very wise.

Oldsmobile-88

Very wise.
Done it for years Billy 😁

🎶 I’m all lost in the supermarket,
I can no longer shop happily 🎶

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Nearly all self service tills in that store now. When I mentioned that to the nice lady on the till the other day as I prefer not to use self service she said “not enough customers want to use a till with a person” :(
When I was in a supermarket the other week and only had a few items the guy working there directed me away from an actual person working on a till to a self service area , I politely declined his offer and said " I wouldnt be using the self service check outs as I already have a job plus dont work here "

He looked rather confused for a moment then walked away to carry on directing people away from the tills.

Here's a friggin radical idea instead of having people stood around doing very little and others who's specific job seems to be getting customers to do an employees job

WHY NOT JUST JUMP ON A TILL AND DO YOUR JOB BEFORE THE WHOLE SHOP IS RUN BY 1 PERSON AND YOU ARE ALL MADE UNEMPLOYED !!!

Alistair20000

Nah love picking up all the heavily discounted stuff at the end of a day me.

iscalad

When I was in a supermarket the other week and only had a few items the guy working there directed me away from an actual person working on a till to a self service area , I politely declined his offer and said " I wouldnt be using the self service check outs as I already have a job plus dont work here "

He looked rather confused for a moment then walked away to carry on directing people away from the tills.

Here's a friggin radical idea instead of having people stood around doing very little and others who's specific job seems to be getting customers to do an employees job

WHY NOT JUST JUMP ON A TILL AND DO YOUR JOB BEFORE THE WHOLE SHOP IS RUN BY 1 PERSON AND YOU ARE ALL MADE UNEMPLOYED !!!
Not all supermarket employees are trained to use a till.

Grecian2K

How the get rich quick...AKA "Price Gouging"
1) Provoke some sort of "crisis" to create a "shortage" - whether it be "international conflict", "supply chain difficulties" or (even easier just shove up interest rates)
2) Ensure the tame media are primed to initiate a "panic"
3) Wait for the "market prices" to rocket and the shelves/fuel tanks/bank balances to empty.
4) Whack the prices up and up
5) Re: No 4), "rinse and repeat" for as long as you can get away with it.
6) Sit back and salt away the kerchings on your off-shore tax havens.

Back in WW2 and the immediate post war period was euphemised as "rationing". But at least the practitioners of the above practice were (generally) vilified as "spivs", and not lauded as "entrepreneurs".