• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose but only sort of because he was just implementing (albeit poorly) what Trump had agreed. The main issue for me there is whether Trump should have agreed it rather than whether Biden should have reneged / renegotiated.
Biden was President. The manner and shambles of the withdrawal was on his watch.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Biden was President. The manner and shambles of the withdrawal was on his watch.
And gave Putin food for thought when invading Ukraine.

Mr Jinx

I think the question that needs to be asked is: would a President Trump have done any different? After all, Biden was just enacting one of Trump's key pledges.

I think Trump has since said he would've kept a couple of thousand troops in and around Kabul. Well that would've only kept the wolf from the door for so long. With Afghanistan, as history has showed, you have to be fully in (spending trillions) or don't bother.

Of all of Biden's gaffes, I do not (and have never) include the Afghanistan withdrawal as one of them.

DB9

Following discussions with his family, former President Jimmy Carter aged 98 has made the decision to spend his remaining time at home in hospice care instead of additional medical intervention. Not the greatest POTUS by a long way but it seems his time on this Earth is coming to an end, Hopefully his final days are peaceful at home on his Peanut Ranch.

Alistair20000

Following discussions with his family, former President Jimmy Carter aged 98 has made the decision to spend his remaining time at home in hospice care instead of additional medical intervention. Not the greatest POTUS by a long way but it seems his time on this Earth is coming to an end, Hopefully his final days are peaceful at home on his Peanut Ranch.
Seconded.

A terrible POTUS but a fundamentally decent man.

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

Seconded.

A terrible POTUS but a fundamentally decent man.
Really? He could still do a better job than Sleepy. Even from his hospice.

lamrobhero

Fox News and its hosts show no respect for their viewers. More great reporting from MSNBC which summarises the revelations coming for the Dominion Voting Systems Case.

Alistair20000

Really? He could still do a better job than Sleepy. Even from his hospice.
Which bit of my post does "Really ?" refer to ?

Phil Sayers

'Sleepy' looks pretty badass just strolling around Kyiv wearing his shades in the winter sun as an air raid siren goes off:

DB9

Interesting from the US, According to leaked emails, Fox News presenters Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram & Sean Hannity lied to their viewers about the result of the 2020 election result, Whilst on air they were agreeing with Trump, Off air and between themselves they were emailing each other saying they knew all this was absolute rubbish but kept feeding the lie to their viewers. Also the mad lawyer of Trump Sydney Powell apparently got her info on the election being stolen from a person who said he'd time travelled in a semi-conscious state! This is all coming out as the Dominion Voting Machine Company are in the middle of lawsuits against various companies and individuals, Including Fox News and Trump's Lawyers saying they rigged the elction in Biden's favour, Also Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, has acknowledged some of the network's stars endorsed false claims the 2020 election was stolen.