• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed. 😱

But at least we still have the delights of yesterday's transfer deadline news to cling to! On that, at least, I hope we can agree. (y)

(I don't think I've ever seen TWoWS as bouncing as 23.01 hrs last night)
Such was the general euphoria at our January business last night, I’m half expecting a unexpected baby-boom in Exeter and it’s environs come the early autumn G2K. 😎

Grecian2K

Such was the general euphoria at our January business last night, I’m half expecting a unexpected baby-boom in Exeter and it’s environs come the early autumn G2K. 😎
Sadly (or thankfully!!! 😀) that ship sailed from the Mr & Mrs 2k harbour many years ago! We'll happily stick with the ones we've got if you don't mind.

arthur

Always problematic IMO to do as you have done and ascribe extreme emotions like hysteria to anyone’s posts on here Art. I’m not sure hysteria can be gleaned from the written word with any accuracy. I think you want me to be hysterical because it suits your narrative around Brexit to view Leavers like me getting all hot and bothered about it. Were you being hysterical when you posted about austerity and started the post with repeated use of the word “cnuts”? Maybe. 🤷‍♂️
On a macro economic level I’m still struggling to see the damage you and the hysterical remoaners are seeing. As evidenced by the IMF yesterday revising UK GDP growth last year to the highest in the G7.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Brexit will not be an issue at the next election. The Tories will have nothing to boast about and Labour won't want to talk about it. So just calm down

Alistair20000

The Exeweb Age Census results cast doubt on this

Mr Jinx

Interest rate decision day again today. So will it be .25, .50 or .75 do you reckon? The Fed went with .25 yesterday.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interest rate decision day again today. So will it be .25, .50 or .75 do you reckon? The Fed went with .25 yesterday.
0.5% is my guess.

Mr Jinx

0.5% is my guess.
And I think that's what has been factored in. Wouldn't be surprised though if they wimp out with a .25

tavyred

We also get the BOE prediction (FWIW! 🙄) on growth for the U.K. economy today. It’ll be interesting see to how it compares with the IMF one earlier in the week.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such was the general euphoria at our January business last night, I’m half expecting a unexpected baby-boom in Exeter
Don't look at me. My career at stud didn't go that well.

Mr Jinx

0.5% is my guess.
And you'd be right. The correct move too at this juncture. One would hope that's the last of the monthly 50 base point rises.