• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Optimism

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our transfer dealings seem to have delighted most City fans, though we are yet to see most of the newbies in action.

Has Caldwell done enough for fans to consider that playoffs might be achievable or are we really looking at next season?

In my mind playoffs would be just brilliant :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought at the start of the season we could realistically be looking at equalling the 8th place finish and I'm sticking with that. A tilt at the play offs would be awesome.

eurogrecian

We should certainly be looking up the table rather than down.
Good days. Enjoy and UTC!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would love us to make the playoffs but I doubt we are ready, and not yet consolidated enough, to go up to the next level yet.

To get into the playoffs would be a fantastic achievement and I would love to see it, especially a playoff final yet, oddly perhaps, I would prefer it if we gave a brilliant performance but didn't get through......yet.

Mid-table would be amazing in itself and anything better than that a real bonus.

Antony Moxey

I'll genuinely be happy with a top half finish, and think it's not an unrealistic target. It will give the manager something to build on as we look to establish ourselves as a regular L1 club, rather than one that comes up for two or three years then drops back down for a decade or more.

Boyo

As posted on another thread, we would need 10 wins and 5 draws, from our remaining 18 games, to get to 73 points, which probably still wouldn't be enough.

Small steps...

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s a massively tall order to reach the playoffs, especially considering the nightmare set of fixtures we have in April. But, that’s way off. All we can do win the next game and take it step by step. The next 5 games look kind on paper and once they’re out of the way, we’ll know where we stand a bit more.

My concern was always next season with so many key players likely to move on, but now we’ve signed three players on permanent deals this month, at least we know they will be here for 23/24. It’ll still be a big summer regardless and hopefully GC can continue to recruit well to ensure we don’t start to decline.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As posted on another thread, we would need 10 wins and 5 draws, from our remaining 18 games, to get to 73 points, which probably still wouldn't be enough.

Small steps...
The other way to look at it is that the top 5 are already out of sight which means there is only one spot we can aim at. And there is every chance that at least one of Barnsley, Posh or Wycombe will go on the sort of run that will make it very difficult for us to catch them.

Philecfc

I said in the summer between 7 / 17th and I would be happy now I feel it’s more 7 / 12th is what I expect. I looks like we had a great window and as someone said as much for next season as this Hopefully the process will persuade others not to leave in the summer

denzel

I'm a natural pessimist so I'd still be happy with avoiding relegation.