• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn’t read anything malicious in Jinxy’s post myself, I thought he meant that when athletes say they’ve looked after themselves, it normally means they’re at peak physical condition, but Kevin has had to go through a serious operation, so there might be question marks over his fitness.

At least, that’s what I hoped he meant.
Yes, pretty much.

Bridgy 81

Probably worded incorrectly, for which I apologise. But almost died and playing regularly in the Prem? Doesn't sound right either.
Apology accepted (although I know it wasn’t directed at me).
I didn’t say he nearly died either, but I think you’ve confused kidney failure with a lifestyle issue.
Which it clearly isn’t.

Bridgy 81

I didn’t read anything malicious in Jinxy’s post myself, I thought he meant that when athletes say they’ve looked after themselves, it normally means they’re at peak physical condition, but Kevin has had to go through a serious operation, so there might be question marks over his fitness.

At least, that’s what I hoped he meant.
Very generous interpretation.

budegrecian

Just been mentioned on Sky Sports deadline day programme.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very generous interpretation.
TBF, I interpreted it exactly the same way as FBH and I'm not Jinxy's biggest fan.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just been mentioned on Sky Sports deadline day programme.
Jinx got a name check? They do like to stoke the fires on SSN.

Well Fair play to Gary Caldwell,he has used his contacts and made some good additions to the squad,kevin Mac Donald has experience and I could see him ending up on the coaching team,and the other two lads look keen to go,so well done to the manager in this window

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It takes a tough character to bounce back from an illness like that.His mental strength will be a bonus when selected.You can never have too many leaders on the pitch.

Bridgy 81

TBF, I interpreted it exactly the same way as FBH and I'm not Jinxy's biggest fan.
Another generous interpretation I think. But, fair enough if that’s what you think.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another generous interpretation I think. But, fair enough if that’s what you think.
As I said, my default position is very much NOT to give Jinxy the benefit of any doubt. However, on this occasion...