• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

tom_ecfc

Always preferred his brother - Agent Adam!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long does it take to drive down from Hull and pack your bags at the same tme?

Media team six hours without posting to Twatter! Hope Taggy has sanctioned the overtime

Seven hours to go, and barely boiling

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Biggest day of the year and AA goes awol!
Think about giving the RAC a try.

TotnesGrecian

A signing gif psoted on twitter, this account called the aimson signing before it happened also...

robchave

A signing gif psoted on twitter, this account called the aimson signing before it happened also...
I'm having real trouble reading his writing!

ecfc_ben

Mehmeti from Wycombe has joined Bristol City. Forward player might indicate nombe staying 🤞

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely NO NO NO. You're right that there will be zip all we can do about it in the summer but we sure can right now. Why would you take money now to invest in the 'next Jevanni Brown' while we already have the real present current Jevanni Brown. IMO if he did go this window then we would not make the play offs. If he stays we have a chance. I 4-1 would risk losing him for nothing for the chance he offers to accomplish that.
Too damned right Geoff. It may be a slim chance but we would be crazy not to take this opportunity. We have got to where we are with a team based around our academy products, augmented with a few well chosen additions. Sell our souls now, and it may well take a number of years to regroup and put us back in a challenging position. This mighty feat has been achieved on a playing budget of just under £3M.
As a League 1 team we are receiving funding of £1.332M (677k from the EFL, and 645k from Premier Lge solidarity payments). Had we been in L2 the total would have been 902k.
The only slimmest of hopes that we have of keeping a reasonable number of the team together is to not only reach the playoffs, but to go and win them (knocking our Cornish neighbours out at the same time would be just the icing on the cake !) . Doing this would generate over £5M extra in payments alone . Championship teams have this season received (£2.084M from EFL, and £4.3M from the Prem Lge). And that's just the basics, ignoring TV fees etc. We wouldn't be looking at selling out the away end just five times a year either given the upgrade in opposition. OK it might be a very hard struggle to survive when taking on teams with £40M parachute payments, but who wouldn't want to experience that and try ? It is the stuff that dreams are made of and I want to experience that, not just until 11o'clock tonight but until the end of the season as well. Feck negativity ! UTC.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Hit List, I'l update this as the day goes on :ROFLMAO:

Jevani Brown
Sam Nombe
Archie Collins
Josh Key
Sam Stubbs
Surprised no speculation about Alex Hartridge. One of our best players imho

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sorry but anybody could do that today!

We're going to be signing at least one person, I think probably three so I could post 👀 🖊 like that and be right. Names is what we need and confirmation in the next 6 and 3/4 hours

Now showing as 7 hours since our superb SM team last posted on twatter - lots of work being done, interviews show reels.

JCWhoosh

I'm having real trouble reading his writing!
I think it says Ichinose which maybe translates to Itchy nose? Iminent signing that can't be stated yet?