• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not dissing the messenger but this 'source' doesn't appear to be a well respected in the know Journo! Bloke who lives in Cheriton Bishop for all I know pretending to be in the Know? As others have said let the real rumours be shared not tripe like this!

TotnesGrecian

Not so sure about these Will Grigg rumours on twitter though 🤣🤣

TotnesGrecian

Stubbs to Bradford City also seems to be a goer today

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not so sure about these Will Grigg rumours on twitter though 🤣🤣
If we sign Grigg will it re-open the old wounds about his song being nicked off us?

Bat Fastard

what a wild final day - somebody paying cash for stubbs would be one of the most surprising transfers i've ever seen

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club is run in a shoestring as it is do you not think the club from a business perspective would rather get something for jevani now to quickly reinvest in another player rather than getting nothing for him in the summer…
You are destroying your own argument there ! "Get something now" smacks of peanuts again. How much exactly does that mean from your business perspective ? Yeah I'm sure that there is a level it becomes acceptable, Boyo's 4-500k would no boubt clinch it, but say a cheeky 50k, and Pompey can stick it "where the sun doesn't shine". Quickly reinvesting in another player ? Where have you been for the last 18 months, when we have been through a torrid time trying to recruit anyone at all, you expect us to line up a suitable replacement in just a few hours ? The squad is still painfully thin in numbers so who is going to entertain the crowd at SJP ? Who is going to score the goals to win us the points we need ? We have already sold one of our top scorers from last season in Timothee, and now you are talking about selling Brown & Nombe who are not only our two top scorers but also our top assist providers ?
And when you have balanced those equations from your business perspective, yet another point to consider in Brown's case is that you are not talking of a move upto the Championship, but rather selling him to a one of our League 1 rivals !
Undoubtedly a departure is likely today but let's not "go overboard", and one trusts that we do have suitable replacement(s) already in the pipeline. We could be in for a rollercaster of a day !

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jev is the only one who can leave in the summer for zero. Sam will have 12 months left, whilst Key and Archie are under 24, so we'd get compensation.

If we can get a 4-5 hundred grand now for Jev, I think we should take it. My guess is that the money would be used to sign the lad from Hull on a 2.5 year deal.
In that case let’s hope Gary has good inside knowledge of the capabilities of Scott if we end up splashing out that much on him. I’d rather be hoping for a freebie or very nominal fee in view of his track record. And there’s his wages of course to factor in.

MagicMushroom

The Hit List, I'l update this as the day goes on :ROFLMAO:

Jevani Brown
Sam Nombe
Archie Collins
Josh Key
Sam Stubbs

Boyo

In that case let’s hope Gary has good inside knowledge of the capabilities of Scott if we end up splashing out that much on him. I’d rather be hoping for a freebie or very nominal fee in view of his track record. And there’s his wages of course to factor in.
When I said, the money could be used to sign the lad from Hull, I was thinking about the lad's wages, not a transfer fee.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stubbs to Bradford City also seems to be a goer today
Not until it's confirmed by Agent Andy!