• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
30th January 1982

Protest & Survive on BBC2 a look at a topic of the time Nuclear disarmament through the eyes of older teenagers. The programmes title was a play in Government information films called Protect & Survive which were a public information films on how to survive a Nuclear attack.
Protest & Survive the name of a track by Stoke’s finest, Discharge.

View attachment 10889
Quite interesting to see the ads for a wide range of bargains being sold via the newspapers back in the day. I recall sending off for a divers watch once. When it arrived it looked absolutely great, but it stopped working after about only three weeks ! It was my last ever "mail order" purchase of this kind ! :(

DB9

30th January 1982

Protest & Survive on BBC2 a look at a topic of the time Nuclear disarmament through the eyes of older teenagers. The programmes title was a play in Government information films called Protect & Survive which were a public information films on how to survive a Nuclear attack.
Protest & Survive the name of a track by Stoke’s finest, Discharge.

View attachment 10889
Think the advert for the Sauna Suit looks more interesting than the nights TV. :)

Oldsmobile-88

Think the advert for the Sauna Suit looks more interesting than the nights TV. :)
In those distant days when I did circuit training, a bin liner was used if one wanted to lose a few pounds 😁
Not that I did in those days, but a couple of lads had them on.

Oldsmobile-88

I would have watched Dallas if I was in, but it was a Saturday night I was 20. I would in those days been in the Horse & Dray opposite the ABC then the original Timepiece club until 1am

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

30th January 1984

A very good 2 part drama, Blood Feud made in 1983 by 20th Century Fox TV which was syndicated to US TV Stations. The sort of production now long gone.
The story of Jimmy Hoffa a powerful Trade Union leader, Solicitor General Bobby Kennedy who was out to get him & The Mob is interesting story.
Hoffa disappeared in 1975, probably with Mafia involvement.

6CFA2011-65ED-4EC3-B41D-440B67B17F24.jpeg

iscalad

Call my Bluff was always fun.

Oldsmobile-88

This weeks Radio Times In 1988 is advertising the first Comic Relief evening(5th February)complete with the Red Nose prop in the build up.

E5A2D2CC-FFC9-40DC-A6F9-4EFCE67D3F8C.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Call my Bluff was always fun.
That was a great bit of light fun for 30 mins. Robert Robinson was the referee for 21 years, intrinsic to the programme as much as Frank Muir.

Spoonz Red E

The fry without fat pan is a winner.
No fat needed as long as you stock it up with a pork chop and two bangers.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

That was a great bit of light fun for 30 mins. Robert Robinson was the referee for 21 years, intrinsic to the programme as much as Frank Muir.
Who was the other team captain that had the stamma?