• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still not convinced about Jev but I do believe Nombe is now leaving. Especially after hearing that Sonny Cox is returning.
Crumbs , no disrespect to Sonny , he is still learning his trade after all , but if we need to rely on his services rather than sign an established striker then the market must be difficult for us this term. Saying that , many of the other teams are making reasonable signings , so must be all down to money.

gui

Only few days left …

Topsham Boy

I’m starting to get concerned now. Need some decent signings asap.

Ian Tarr

Crumbs , no disrespect to Sonny , he is still learning his trade after all , but if we need to rely on his services rather than sign an established striker then the market must be difficult for us this term. Saying that , many of the other teams are making reasonable signings , so must be all down to money.
He was a squad player, got injured, went to Bath for a month for fitness purposes, and now he's back.
Still a squad player, so no need to get too down as he is unlikely to be first choice too often.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was a squad player, got injured, went to Bath for a month for fitness purposes, and now he's back.
Still a squad player, so no need to get too down as he is unlikely to be first choice too often.
....... unless Sam Nombe goes !

Red Bill

While great news that Sonny has been doing well at Bath, it’s a little worrying that we feel the need to call him back if that does happen.
Hoping we aren’t going to lose any more key players as it does seem that we are struggling to get players in.
GC has said to judge the window on Feb 1st though and I just hope we are not significantly weaker at that point.
Or another way to view it could be, Sonny needed match time, he got that at Bath and has impressed so we have decided we'd like him back as part of the squad. He is our player after all. He may not be likely to get in ahead of Nombe, Brown and Stansfield as starters but if his time at Bath has sharpened him up, GC may well like to have the option to bring him on for few sub appearances.

Banksy

....... unless Sam Nombe goes !
My point , if we didn’t replace Sam with a seasoned striker in that event. Let’s hope it only stays a rumour for all our better players as we don’t seem to be progressing much on the signings front. Losing vital players like Sam and Jevani right at the end of the window with no decent replacements available would be fatal.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
My point , if we didn’t replace Sam with a seasoned striker in that event. Let’s hope it only stays a rumour for all our better players as we don’t seem to be progressing much on the signings front. Losing vital players like Sam and Jevani right at the end of the window with no decent replacements available would be fatal.
Can we end window tonight ?
UTC

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree and am sorry to say that is exactly the correct word.

Grecian Max

We clearly have an issue in that we aren’t competitive wage wise. We had a good summer after Covid due to other clubs struggling but this is the third window in the row where it’s been bleak asf.

Reading about he £4m injection from a set of US investors who look the real deal down at Argyle has got me depressed. I like the idea of fan ownership but have we reached the limit?