• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No update on Rakeem Harper! Still not played a minute
We won't be sending him home whilst we're low on numbers, particularly in midfield.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The lost 40 miles west attract players as they are paying big money and wages at the moment and are backed by a multi millionaire owner. From what I have heard they have spent close around 1 million in transfer fees just this January alone. How the other half live!! Just shows what we are up against, and why it is so hard for us to attract players. GC and his contacts in the game will be hugely important moving forward.
Just shows , whatever , this season or next , we’’re always going to struggle to stay in this league unfortunately. It is all down to money in the form of what we can offer in wages.Can’t compete against the millionaires who are prepared to sling ridiculous amounts at their clubs in the hope of finding the holy grail.This season it very much looks as is our green friends will make the promised land again.Unfortunately ,we haven’t a snowballs chance of that this season or anytime realistically. To stay above the bottom third for a few seasons will be a triumph for Gary I guess.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just shows , whatever , this season or next , we’’re always going to struggle to stay in this league unfortunately. It is all down to money in the form of what we can offer in wages.Can’t compete against the millionaires who are prepared to sling ridiculous amounts at their clubs in the hope of finding the holy grail.This season it very much looks as is our green friends will make the promised land again.Unfortunately ,we haven’t a snowballs chance of that this season or anytime realistically. To stay above the bottom third for a few seasons will be a triumph for Gary I guess.
Honest realistic response IMHO.
UTC

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Honest realistic response IMHO.
UTC
Not really, just the usual doom that tends to circulate these boards even when we're at the top end of L1. I'm not concerning myself with 3 seasons ahead I'm enjoying the here and now.

If, and it's a big if, we can keep everyone fit then we've got a really good spine to the team. Blackman, Stubbs, Collins, White and Nombe. There's not many better players than those in L1.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not really, just the usual doom that tends to circulate these boards even when we're at the top end of L1. I'm not concerning myself with 3 seasons ahead I'm enjoying the here and now.

If, and it's a big if, we can keep everyone fit then we've got a really good spine to the team. Blackman, Stubbs, Collins, White and Nombe. There's not many better players than those in L1.
Hope you are right Snoop.
UTC

Bat Fastard

agree, except there's a fair few players at/above collins' level in my opinion. don't think there's many better than brown for what he does mind

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lost 40 miles west attract players as they are paying big money and wages at the moment and are backed by a multi millionaire owner. From what I have heard they have spent close around 1 million in transfer fees just this January alone. How the other half live!! Just shows what we are up against, and why it is so hard for us to attract players. GC and his contacts in the game will be hugely important moving forward.
And even Forest Green must have spent a fair amount as well; some of their new players looked pretty decent on Saturday.

Banksy

Why doom and gloom matey , merely being realistic.Perhaps you’ll be able to conjure up a few millions from the petty cash eh? We’ll be able to compete on a level playing field then.

Banksy

Hope you are right Snoop.
UTC
Sadly history says he won’t be.They’ll be ups and downs yes , hopefully more ups , I’ve followed City for many moons and know that I’m afraid.A lot of what we’ve recently achieved was done with Ollie’s windfall.Let’s hope for all concerned we can get another similar one.

Simba3011

Pollock confirmed

"Exeter City boss Gary Caldwell is understood to have played a key role in persuading Pollock to make the move to St James’ Park."