• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell talking about players he knows in yesterday’s interview.
Yeah clocked that too. If we’re talking about any experienced players he’s previously managed, who would be a potential signing? Michael Jacobs or Will Grigg perhaps but wages will naturally be the stumbling block.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah clocked that too. If we’re talking about any experienced players he’s previously managed, who would be a potential signing? Michael Jacobs or Will Grigg perhaps but wages will naturally be the stumbling block.
Anyone from his time at Chesterfield who’s gone on to better things?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone from his time at Chesterfield who’s gone on to better things?
I’ve just spent 5 minutes looking at players he had at Chesterfield and not many likely candidates. One or two are doing well like Sam Morsy but he’s a regular for Ipswich so that’s a non starter.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
GC said he preferred getting in players and staff he already knew. That would go for just about every manager ever though. They have a far better idea of what they are getting and you see it quite often, particularly when a manager is new to a job.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC said he preferred getting in players and staff he already knew. That would go for just about every manager ever though. They have a far better idea of what they are getting and you see it quite often, particularly when a manager is new to a job.
Indeed. And I think the appointment of Malcolm Crosby and Graham Barrow will be key as well. Both will have multiple contacts within the game and GC will naturally trust their judgment when they recommend players.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it is fair to say GC’s baptism of fire is continuing.

He didn’t want to lose Tim who was a decent squad player and he has now found himself having to look for a replacement something which I don’t think he had been expecting to have to do.

Last edited:

ecfc_ben

Janelle Matt has gone to Walsall so thank god that rumour has been dispelled

ecfc_ben

Janelle Matt has gone to Walsall so thank god that rumour has been dispelled
Jamille* my apologies.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamille* my apologies.
Equally relieved.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The times they are a changing suggestions basement boys Gillingham have made a move for Peterborough striker Jack Marriott and Salford for Fleetwood striker Callum Morton.