• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They do but that is but a small part of their respective and very different roles. Bit like comparing Flacky and Curo
It is in no way the same as comparing those two.

SaintJames

It is in no way the same as comparing those two.
One is a Physical target man type and the other a fox in the box now am I describing Nombe and Stansfield or Flacky and Curo?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Jay and Dieng are in the starting 11 in Feb, let's bring this back up :cool:

Dieng doesn't have the engine for this level, 90 minutes at least. Will do a job off the bench within a month which is fine.

MJ... well. A long road back to being useful and if he can only play in a niche position, is he really a League 1 player??
Cashing in my chips

arthur

I thought Josh Coley looked ok when I saw him a couple of times in pre-season friendlies earlier this year.
He played up front and central on those occasions and showed good energy but still seemed a little raw.

Perhaps recall him early in January (if we have that option and) if he still isn’t getting games, let the Manager see him train and then decide whether he stays with us for the second half of the season or goes on loan elsewhere.
Since we're trawling through the archives...

grecIAN Harris

First MJ and now The Silky Frenchman, both for money. Would I be dreaming if I thought we might actually be buying a couple of players in to replace them?🤔

SaintJames

First MJ and now The Silky Frenchman, both for money. Would I be dreaming if I thought we might actually be buying a couple of players in to replace them?🤔
On the grapevine replacing Dieng with another tall, athletic silky Frenchman ............................... welcome back to the club Nigel Atangana :) For the avoidance of doubt this rumour has come from IntheKnow84

arthur

On the grapevine replacing Dieng with another tall, athletic silky Frenchman ............................... welcome back to the club Nigel Atangana :) For the avoidance of doubt this rumour has come from IntheKnow84
Cowshed Grecian will be delighted :p

grecIAN Harris

I was on about cash money not peanuts........

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cashing in my chips
You deserve infraction points for self recognition :)

andrew p long

You deserve infraction points for self recognition :)
well its better than the opposite - self abuse!