• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Di and Hazel might be a tad upset with the word “just” :unsure:
Meh....

iscalad

An excellent afternoon was had by all.

iscalad

Hello loyal readers,

The next meeting of the Senior Reds will take place on Tuesday 17th January in the Trust Suite, when our guest will be John Delve. Doors will open at 1pm, with the meeting itself starting at 2pm. Refreshments will be available as usual. If we are able to arrange Zoom coverage, then relevant details will be sent in due course.

John signed for City in March 1978 and was a regular in the team until his surprise release at the end of the 1982/83 season. He re-signed for the Grecians in October 1987 and became player-manager a couple of months later when Colin Appleton left, a position he kept until the end of the season when Terry Cooper arrived.

John was a popular player and still attends games at The Park.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of memories to share, including some from that famous FA Cup run during the 1980/81 season, so please join us if you can for what should be a fascinating afternoon.

New members welcome. You don't have to be old to join, just a long standing supporter. Also, the Senior Reds host these meetings and they are open to ALL supporters.

So, if you want to know what it was like to play on a muddy field, or why we oldies keep banging on about the 81 cup run, come along and hear from someone who did it all.

Bridgy 81

Hello loyal readers,

The next meeting of the Senior Reds will take place on Tuesday 17th January in the Trust Suite, when our guest will be John Delve. Doors will open at 1pm, with the meeting itself starting at 2pm. Refreshments will be available as usual. If we are able to arrange Zoom coverage, then relevant details will be sent in due course.

John signed for City in March 1978 and was a regular in the team until his surprise release at the end of the 1982/83 season. He re-signed for the Grecians in October 1987 and became player-manager a couple of months later when Colin Appleton left, a position he kept until the end of the season when Terry Cooper arrived.

John was a popular player and still attends games at The Park.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of memories to share, including some from that famous FA Cup run during the 1980/81 season, so please join us if you can for what should be a fascinating afternoon.

New members welcome. You don't have to be old to join, just a long standing supporter. Also, the Senior Reds host these meetings and they are open to ALL supporters.

So, if you want to know what it was like to play on a muddy field, or why we oldies keep banging on about the 81 cup run, come along and hear from someone who did it all.
I plan to come down to this one.
John Delve was City’s captain when I first started supporting us in 1981.
I have very happy memories of that team and those times.

Oldsmobile-88

I plan to come down to this one.
John Delve was City’s captain when I first started supporting us in 1981.
I have very happy memories of that team and those times.
A top fella.. He’s got some good stories from his time in the game.

iscalad

A top fella.. He’s got some good stories from his time in the game.
Are you coming g along?

Oldsmobile-88

Are you coming g along?
Yes....

iscalad

Bump for this event.
All fans are welcome. The museum should be open for us to look around. Some fascinating memorabilia in there.

andrew p long

I won't be able to make it. But if questions are needed, can someone ask him what his favourite goal for City was?

I'm very fond of his 30 yard piledriver in the 3-3 draw away at Bradford in 82-3. I remember thinking, as he shaped to shoot 'Oh FFS, nobody scores from that distance....'

Bridgy 81

I won't be able to make it. But if questions are needed, can someone ask him what his favourite goal for City was?

I'm very fond of his 30 yard piledriver in the 3-3 draw away at Bradford in 82-3. I remember thinking, as he shaped to shoot 'Oh FFS, nobody scores from that distance....'
I'm happy to ask that one for you andrew if no-one else beats me to it.
If it's not possible during the main session I'll try and sidle up to John in one of the breaks.