• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exemuff Town v Willand 2pm tomorrow.

Might be worth a wander down the Avocet Line if the choo-choos are running?

denzel

Currently watching Dorchester vs Yate in the Southern League. First time I've watched a game at the Avenue Stadium, really good set up, (and nice bar) as you would expect from a ground which used to host league football. 3G pitch and the ball is moving quite well. Dorchester are just outside the playoffs and obviously hoping to move up to Conference South.
Only ex-Grecian on display is Alex Moyse, currently on loan from Torquay. He is doing well in a midfield dynamo role. Dorchester 2-0 up and have hit the post, though Yahtay have also missed a few chances.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did Dorchester used to host league football ? Or have I misunderstood ?

denzel

Did Dorchester used to host league football ? Or have I misunderstood ?
Yes, Bournemouth played there for a season when Dean Court was being redeveloped, I think about 20 years ago

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't know that.

Amongst other things :ROFLMAO:

denzel

Didn't know that.

Amongst other things :ROFLMAO:
Just looked it up. It was 10 games in 2001 in League Two ( third tier). Biggest attendance was 3,934 vs Brentford.

Bridgy 81

Taunton Town have had another home league match postponed (today against Concord Rangers).
They have Torquay away in the Vase next Saturday with a ‘short trip’ to Dover before then this coming Tuesday.
It’ll be a shame if, what’s looking like, a massive fixture pileup derails a very decent league season so far.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Possibly some good news for Scunthorpe

Ex-ciderrr

Possibly some good news for Scunthorpe

great day for them yesterday with the new chairman appointed (I hope they sort their mess out off the pitch) and also a 1st away win since 2021 after beating Halifax 1-0 last night

Oldsmobile-88

Wrong thread