• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has anyone got a spare programme I could buy off them please, willing to pay any postage of course. Thanks!
Probably won't get it delivered till next Xmas though !
UTC

KentGrecian

Probably won't get it delivered till next Xmas though !
UTC
Don't worry I'll pay special delivery and get it by Easter 😆 UTC

Cowshed Grecian

Worry about Josh Key though, I reckon he’s had his mind turned again. His head was all over the place today, he had an absolute mare!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Worry about Josh Key though, I reckon he’s had his mind turned again. His head was all over the place today, he had an absolute mare!
That happened when Sunderland were in for him and he hasn't been quite the same since.

KentGrecian

After years of proper chaps, what did everyone think of our stoppage time tactics? I have to say I enjoyed every moment apart from that last minute indirect free kick!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Started slowly but then asked to play out of position from where he got into three really good goal scoring positions and forced one, maybe two, very good saves out of their keeper.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
After years of proper chaps, what did everyone think of our stoppage time tactics? I have to say I enjoyed every moment apart from that last minute indirect free kick!
Think back to how you felt at the end of the Cheltenham game.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah he wasn’t getting down to shots like he is now earlier on this season. He’s looking too class now.
Never noticed any problem about Jamal stopping low shots, was a bit concerned when he seemed to be carrying a bit of a paunch but don't remember to many goals slotted in around his feet. Doubt Big Kev has been too strict with his dietary regime!😏
My criticism would be the fact that he doesn't leave his line enough to claim crosses, too often going for the punch or waiting to stop the shot. Perhaps Bodmins finest should be concentrating on this aspect of his game rather than the myth that he can't get down to shots.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think back to how you felt at the end of the Cheltenham game.
Completely different. All we did today is stand up to Oxford when they were getting desperate and trying to bully us and then Jamal kept on to the ball a little bit longer than necessary. For all the talk of proper chaps I'm not sure that's anything too different to how we played under Matt Taylor.

Poundstretcher

Started slowly but then asked to play out of position from where he got into three really good goal scoring positions and forced one, maybe two, very good saves out of their keeper.
Ran himself into the ground by the end of it and kept getting himself into position to score. I’m pretty convinced the keeper got a fingertip onto the one that hit the post.