• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Elon Musk currently running a poll on whether he should stay as twitter CEO. I don't think I've ever seen anything more pathetic.
Genuine question Herm, If Musk riles you so much why don't you just come off Twitter?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuine question Herm, If Musk riles you so much why don't you just come off Twitter?
He doesn't, I just think it's amusing how you can be the richest man in the world, but still an insecure little boy. Regardless, I pretty much have come off. For business purposes it's largely unusable now so not spending as much time on there as I was. Still have a few friends I keep up with via twitter for the moment so dip in now and again.

fred binneys head

I’m not on Twitter but agree this is one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen.

DB9

He doesn't, I just think it's amusing how you can be the richest man in the world, but still an insecure little boy. Regardless, I pretty much have come off. For business purposes it's largely unusable now so not spending as much time on there as I was. Still have a few friends I keep up with via twitter for the moment so dip in now and again.
Unfortunately it seems anyone who has that sort of wealth seems to think people are interested in what they say via SM, I've never been a user of Twitter, The only time I see stuff from there is when a link comes up on here and maybe someone links it via YouTube, My life is not missing out because I'm not on SM (Except Exeweb) But in the end its his to do as he wants, If he screws it up or buggers off then it's his loss, Our lives won't change.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately it seems anyone who has that sort of wealth seems to think people are interested in what they say via SM, I've never been a user of Twitter, The only time I see stuff from there is when a link comes up on here and maybe someone links it via YouTube, My life is not missing out because I'm not on SM (Except Exeweb) But in the end its his to do as he wants, If he screws it up or buggers off then it's his loss, Our lives won't change.
Mine will. As will millions of others who use twitter for business purposes.

DB9

Mine will. As will millions of others who use twitter for business purposes.
I genuinely can't see how an echo chamber like Twitter is used for business purposes, I'd understand if it was a "Sales Tool" but to me its just a lot of people who like to say stuff they think is important, I maybe an out of date old fart but that is how i see it, I know no one who says Twitter is important to their income.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just been chatting to our electricity people through Twitter as we've had a power cut here. It was a useful way to get updates and I quite often chat to companies through Twitter, darn site easier than hanging on a phone.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I genuinely can't see how an echo chamber like Twitter is used for business purposes, I'd understand if it was a "Sales Tool" but to me its just a lot of people who like to say stuff they think is important, I maybe an out of date old fart but that is how i see it, I know no one who says Twitter is important to their income.
Well you'll have to take my word for it. Twitter was only an echo chamber if you made it one, and despite what you may think, that can actually be good for a certain kind of business. Now it's an echo chamber whether you want it to be or not, and you don't get to choose the echo.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just been chatting to our electricity people through Twitter as we've had a power cut here. It was a useful way to get updates and I quite often chat to companies through Twitter, darn site easier than hanging on a phone.
That, at least, should continue as long as Twitter does.

Grecian2K

Elon Musk currently running a poll on whether he should stay as twitter CEO. I don't think I've ever seen anything more pathetic.
Oh Dear
How Sad
Never Mind
😂
Elon Musk: Twitter users vote in favour of boss resigning - BBC News
"vox populi, vox dei" Elon. "vox populi, vox dei"...or was the poll "rigged"?