• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Bridgy 81

Very risky for say Jevani to join the Millers in Jan and then find Taylor is gone by Feb
Not if he’s doubled his wages on a 2 and a half year contract it isn’t.

SaintJames

Not if he’s doubled his wages on a 2 and a half year contract it isn’t.
I factored that in but feel Jev is at the stage iof his career having really just got going that he will want to be playing not sat on the bench or seen as a luxury player by a new manager

Bridgy 81

I factored that in but feel Jev is at the stage iof his career having really just got going that he will want to be playing not sat on the bench or seen as a luxury player by a new manager
Understood.
But do you think football is the only profession where you would rather be busy, or not so busy but earning twice or three times as much?

Cowshed Grecian

Why keep posting about a former manager? Move on FFS

Reactions: DB9

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the opposite, I think Jev is at the stage of his career where he will want to earn as much as he possibly can, even if that means sitting on the bench every week.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't really understand why discussion gets shut down on here 😂 He's a city legend, managed and played for us of course it's of interest. Why put it to the wastelands of the other categories that barely anyone goes on?

It's really odd.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
RE: Taylor I don't think he has what it takes tactically at that level. Did a good job with us but it's a big leap and was always the risk when leaving City as he could have stayed another 5 years if he wanted to. His straightforward style should mean he will be solid at League 1/2 you'd think.

Squeezebox

All the City " backroom" staff would also be affected presumably but wishing them and Matt all the best (as long as they don't pinch any of our players of course!).

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
RE: Taylor I don't think he has what it takes tactically at that level. Did a good job with us but it's a big leap and was always the risk when leaving City as he could have stayed another 5 years if he wanted to. His straightforward style should mean he will be solid at League 1/2 you'd think.
Inclined to agree regarding MT's limitations as a manager however I don't blame him for having a go at a higher level knowing full well he'd walk into a League 1 or 2 job again if it went wrong.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very risky for say Jevani to join the Millers in Jan and then find Taylor is gone by Feb
But a 2 or 3 year deal on more than us, seems a reasonable risk for him to take irrespective of Taylor's situation. A multi year deal on more money and the opportunity of playing in the championship will see him go if we accept any offer for him.