• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
The great irony over this whole thing is that all the research (including twitter's own) found that right wing voices were already amplified over left wing prior to the takeover. The difference was that previously you could avoid them if you wanted, but now it seems you can't. Whether that's by accident or design is a matter for discussion.
Crikey, I just went on Twitter and see Elon has gone full on conspiracy. Very peculiar. Must admit I've not read any details but you can just guess this will all be one way traffic.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crikey, I just went on Twitter and see Elon has gone full on conspiracy. Very peculiar. Must admit I've not read any details but you can just guess this will all be one way traffic.
I've got him blocked, because now it's the only way to avoid his nonsense, but from the little I've seen he's abandoned any pretence of balance or sanity.

Phil Sayers

Grecian2K

Is that the same nice Mr Musk who accused those brave British rescuers, John Volanthen and Rick Stanton, as being "paedoes" because he wan't allowed the chance to show off his own expensive little super-sub during the Thailand cave rescues?

Classy chap! :rolleyes:

Grecian2K

Oh dear
What a shame
How sad

Presumably Jigzy is already working on a "charity" single.
Maybe a remix "Our Cars Electric" by Richboy Army?

lamrobhero

'Sleepy Joe' knows how to get things done - this is what real politics looks like:

Average Joe

Is that the same nice Mr Musk who accused those brave British rescuers, John Volanthen and Rick Stanton, as being "paedoes" because he wan't allowed the chance to show off his own expensive little super-sub during the Thailand cave rescues?

Classy chap! :rolleyes:
This was awful wasn't it. Calling two of the worlds best cave divers pedophiles for wanting to help children stuck in a cave. Sadly the court case did not go in John and Ricks favor either.

Grecian2K

This was awful wasn't it. Calling two of the worlds best cave divers pedophiles for wanting to help children stuck in a cave. Sadly the court case did not go in John and Ricks favor either.
I don't believe that is was John or Rick who brought the case - it was another caver (Vernon Unsworth).
And what chance did he have in a case brought in LA against "The Artist Formerly Known As The Worlds Richest Man" with the most expensive legal representatives money can buy invoking dubious defences like the "JDart" - i.e.: "It mas only a bit of 'bants' Yer Honor"

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't believe that is was John or Rick who brought the case - it was another caver (Vernon Unsworth).
And what chance did he have in a case brought in LA against "The Artist Formerly Known As The Worlds Richest Man" with the most expensive legal representatives money can buy invoking dubious defences like the "JDart" - i.e.: "It mas only a bit of 'bants' Yer Honor"
He got on away with it on the grounds that "pedo guy" is a really common insult in South Africa. The fact Musk had hired a PI to find proof that Unsworth was a paedophile was apparently not relevant.

Grecian2K

He got on away with it on the grounds that "pedo guy" is a really common insult in South Africa.
OK then. Well in that case I'll call Musk an ARG*LE SUPPORTER. A really common insult in Devon - and almost equally defamatory.
Sue me if you dare Elon! (As long as it's at Exeter Crown Court)