• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nelson Iseguan

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not one to write players off but he's 21 next week and has had what seems to be a relatively unsuccessful loan spell in the national league, I can't see him being involved in our first team next season so he will surely either be released or have one more loan which will probably be do or die for his career.

cannockred

Its a miracle, it just seems like yesterday was his 20th birthday :cool:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its a miracle, it just seems like yesterday was his 20th birthday :cool:
Ooops

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
His loan spell with the gulls has coincided with a chaotic time at the club. Difficult for any player yet alone a young player on loan. I'm for giving the lad a fair chance. Torquay has definitely not been the place for development and he has a lot of potential.

andrew p long

and is Nelson currently unavailable because of his loan spell at Torquay? (ie like Harry Smiyth went back to Orient knowing he couldn't play for them until the next transfer window)

Or is he injured?

SaintJames

and is Nelson currently unavailable because of his loan spell at Torquay? (ie like Harry Smiyth went back to Orient knowing he couldn't play for them until the next transfer window)

Or is he injured?
I think he can play for us but not for another team? I assume he can do so after January but my knowledge of the rules is a bit hit and miss :) Has he even played a competitive match for any Exeter side this season aside from psf's?

andrew p long

I think he can play for us but not for another team? I assume he can do so after January but my knowledge of the rules is a bit hit and miss :) Has he even played a competitive match for any Exeter side this season aside from psf's?
I'm pretty certain that - irrespective of everything else- he is allowed play for us again once the transfer window re-opens. Possibly even Jan 1?

Bridgy 81

Any news on Nelson?
I saw him a couple of times in pre-season friendlies and he played left wing back.
I know he had a stop/start time on loan at Torquay but it seems to have gone a bit quiet since then.
I presume it’ll be coming close to being make or break for him.
Hopefully, if he’s not retained by us he’ll get a good spot somewhere else.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Matt Jay was 22 before he began to make any real inroads into the first team.

Bridgy 81

Matt Jay was 22 before he began to make any real inroads into the first team.
True, but as I said some people develop sooner than others.
What‘s you’re impression of Nelson.