• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't he sack Tisdale just a couple of months after he got them promoted?
Not quite, on 2nd November after 3 months of the season following promotion. They were 21st after 8 defeats in 9 games.

"Coaches Matt Oakley, Danny Butterfield and Mel Gwinnett have also departed."

Paul Tisdale: MK Dons part company with manager after eight defeats in nine games - BBC Sport

It's tough, this staying in L1 after promotion malarky.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not quite, on 2nd November after 3 months of the season following promotion. They were 21st after 8 defeats in 9 games.

"Coaches Matt Oakley, Danny Butterfield and Mel Gwinnett have also departed."

Paul Tisdale: MK Dons part company with manager after eight defeats in nine games - BBC Sport

It's tough, this staying in L1 after promotion malarky.
Even so, it struck me as particularly harsh. I mean, the same manager was bottom in November a few seasons earlier and the club stuck with him...

sign of the chimes

I think MK owner Pete Winkelman is a bit more patient compared with most other owners
I'd heard somewhere that he was looking for a way out from MK. From the outside it looks as though additional investment on the playing side has slowed, if not stopped.

Colesman Ballz

I'd heard somewhere that he was looking for a way out from MK. From the outside it looks as though additional investment on the playing side has slowed, if not stopped.
That is one club that I wouldn't cry any tears for if it wènt out of existence. No ìnvestment could result in relegation back to league 2 or even non league, with their stadium becoming as big a liability as the Reynolds Arena which did for Darlington.

sign of the chimes

That is one club that I wouldn't cry any tears for if it wènt out of existence. No ìnvestment could result in relegation back to league 2 or even non league, with their stadium becoming as big a liability as the Reynolds Arena which did for Darlington.
Up to now I've refused to go to an MK away game despite it being a relatively easy trip with loads of tickets available; and I've not been in the ground for a Checkatrade/PapaJohns game despite missing out on a trip to Wembley to see my side win with family and friends.

I have to say my resistance to the former is waning a bit (and suspect the latter will in time); but whilst I'd pity the employees, local businesses, charities, etc. that would undoubtedly suffer, like you I wouldn't be sad to see them go belly up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Up to now I've refused to go to an MK away game despite it being a relatively easy trip with loads of tickets available; and I've not been in the ground for a Checkatrade/PapaJohns game despite missing out on a trip to Wembley to see my side win with family and friends.

I have to say my resistance to the former is waning a bit (and suspect the latter will in time); but whilst I'd pity the employees, local businesses, charities, etc. that would undoubtedly suffer, like you I wouldn't be sad to see them go belly up.
A place the size of Milton Keynes ought to be able to sustain a league club without needing any external financing, although I assume the expense of the excessively large stadium makes that more challenging.

denzel

Maybe this could be the next venue for Coventry....

A place the size of Milton Keynes ought to be able to sustain a league club without needing any external financing, although I assume the expense of the excessively large stadium makes that more challenging.
It should, but Winkleman wasn't prepared to wait or to expose his investment to the years of building a team through the lower leagues. Instead he stole another community's football club, fast tracking his franchise and dispossessing others of their club.
Because of that I'm with Chimes, while I don't wish the players and other employees of MK ill, I do hope the team continues to fall through the leagues and likewise, the value of Winkleman's investment.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems that our talents not only appreciated by Rotterham ..................................

denzel

Seems that our talents not only appreciated by Rotterham ..................................
Makes you want to root for Ipswich and Wednesday even more.
I note that they haven't won a game since 'Schuey' signed his new contract..

Status
Not open for further replies.